PDA

View Full Version : A Capital Idea

ROK Lobster
16th October 2006, 09:29 PM
Canberra Region Official Sydney Swans Supporter Group

In preparation for the 2007 season we are looking at establishing a Sydney Swans supporter group in the ACT area. A meeting has been organised next week to discuss the possible options for this group.

When: Tuesday 24 October
Where: 'Top of the Cross', Southern Cross Club, Woden ACT
Time: 7.30pm
R.S.V.P: [email protected] or 03 9682 4333

Tony Morwood, General Manager of the Melbourne Office and Team of the Century Member, will be attending this meeting as a
representative of the Club.

Who can I look forward to meeting there?

Nico
16th October 2006, 11:02 PM
After 49 reads of this thread it looks like it could be just you and Tone. He's not a bad bloke either. Likes Roosey though which could be a problem.

ROK Lobster
16th October 2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Nico
After 49 reads of this thread it looks like it could be just you and Tone. He's not a bad bloke either. Likes Roosey though which could be a problem. I'll introduce myself as you.

stellation
17th October 2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
I'll introduce myself as you.
No no no, introduce yourself as me!

ROK Lobster
17th October 2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by stellation
No no no, introduce yourself as me! I couldn't pull it off.

stellation
17th October 2006, 08:07 AM
I couldn't pull it off.
Just think taller!

Q...
17th October 2006, 09:11 AM
If I wasn't moving to Indonesia in a couple of months you'd've probably met me there...

satchmopugdog
17th October 2006, 10:20 AM
Selamat jalan Q.....

Nico
17th October 2006, 08:30 PM
Looks like you are still it mate. They may have to move the meeting to a telephone booth of your choice.

ROK Lobster
17th October 2006, 08:32 PM
Looks like you are still it mate. They may have to move the meeting to a telephone booth of your choice. If the booth serves cold beer, that will be fine. I might contact Tony and see if he wants to make it at my place. Might even get him on to RWO when he's there.

j s
17th October 2006, 08:34 PM
You never know - there could a few supporters who don't read RWO? :rolleyes:

Interesting that this is being driven from Melbourne rather than Sydney, though perhaps that's logical.

ROK Lobster
17th October 2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by j s
You never know - there could a few supporters who don't read RWO? :rolleyes:
You think? Sheesh, with a mere 35,000 Swans members I'd be surprised if not every one of them was reading RWO daily.

Winton3
17th October 2006, 09:15 PM
ROKL,

You shan't be the only territorian at the Top o' the Cross.

I'll be there, along with several family members, friends and any drunks that can be press-ganged from the pokies area.

Dad spoke with one of the organisers in Melbourne today, and apparently they're expecting up to 200! (Taking account of the venue's history, they are perhaps counting on a double booking with a reformed Chantoozies, or at least the Australian Cold Chisel Show)

Nonetheless, the beer will no doubt be cold and plentiful, in the club's Catholic tradition. And, any excuse to talk footy in October is to be welcomed.

P.S. Bring along your copy of the Bloodbath and I'll organise for the author to sign it. For a nominal commission, naturally.

Layby
17th October 2006, 09:19 PM
I couldn't pull it off.

He may not want you to !

Matt79
17th October 2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Just think taller!

And more feminine! ;)

Fleurbie
19th October 2006, 12:36 PM
I just got the letter yesterday in the mail so i haven't rsvp'd yet but my boyfriend and myself will both be at the southern cross club tuesday

Yakety_Yak
19th October 2006, 01:28 PM
You think? Sheesh, with a mere 35,000 Swans members I'd be surprised if not every one of them was reading RWO daily.

Lovely thought!

35,000 people thinking , should be "ROK Turkey"

There will be an attendance despite yours!

BeeEmmAre
20th October 2006, 12:37 AM
President ROKL?

Now that's a scary thought. :eek:

ROK Lobster
21st October 2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Yakety_Yak
Lovely thought!

35,000 people thinking , should be "ROK Turkey"

There will be an attendance despite yours! :confused: Hope you are not there.

ROK Lobster
21st October 2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
President ROKL?

Now that's a scary thought. :eek: First the ACT supporter's group and then the board. It needs someone there with some common sense.

ScottH
21st October 2006, 05:13 PM
First the ACT supporter's group and then the board. It needs someone there with some common sense. Who'd you have in mind then?

Nico
21st October 2006, 10:00 PM
First the ACT supporter's group and then the board. It needs someone there with some common sense.

The introduction of pre board meeting drinks would be a good starting point. Dont forget to invite me.

ROK Lobster
21st October 2006, 11:35 PM
The introduction of pre board meeting drinks would be a good starting point. Dont forget to invite me. No probs Nico. Was going to make the relocation to Sth Melb my No 1 priority but pre meeting drinks it is. Will bring you along as my advisor.

sfan
24th October 2006, 10:46 PM
A meeting was held tonight to form an ACT Swans supporters club. About 80 attended. Should be fun. Tony Morwood out of the Melb office is running. Plan is for a Swans ACT membership with three Canberra Games (pre season plus 2 ACT games) plus two other games in either melb or Sydney. Seating in undercover area. Buses to games and organised locations in ACT for away games.