Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finals travel-an overview

On the wing
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Frustratingly once again in Adelaide the Cheer Squad will be situated away from the other Swans supporters.

JF
    What's the story with tickets at Adelaide ?(Have never been there- but seriously will go if the swans are not in Perth)

Do the members get an allocation? Or is it best in, best dressed? If the latter what's the chances of getting a decent ticket?

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Because at 5pm on Saturday I want to be going to an internet cafe in the Cross booking flights somwhere.
    You probably should wait till a bit later JF or you might end up in the wrong place. The Subi game won't finish till 7pm on Sat.

And the AFL will not announce the match schedule until around 6pm Sunday. A Friday night game is a possibility.

Originally posted by Nolie
    What's the story with tickets at Adelaide ?(Have never been there- but seriously will go if the swans are not in Perth)

Do the members get an allocation? Or is it best in, best dressed? If the latter what's the chances of getting a decent ticket?
    The AFL runs ticket distribution for ALL finals - not the home team. We will have the same ticketing opportunities as WC or Crows members. The reverse is also true for our home final though the size of StadeOz makes quotas a moot point.

The first sale period (probably Monday) will be restricted to club members (both teams) with specific (but not necessarily equal) allocations to each. After that first period any tickets left become open slather.

The AFL will announce all ticketing details during the week for the possible venues. It's a bit easier this year than most as they KNOW there will be games in at Subi and AAMI - it is just the opponent to be decided

It?s all guesswork but presumably the AFL would look to give the team that finishes first the longer break.

Swans being in the 2 v 3 would be more likely to be Friday night.

That's my prediction.

If Kangaroos and Geelong host finals it will be taken into consideration that they both play on Sunday in rnd 22.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    I think the AFL will be thinking more about tv than the teams. They are already saying that it looks likely the MCG will host the two EF in week 1.

I think we'll be playing at Subi. Unless they want to start the game at 5.30 (still daylight?) then that one is unlikely to be Fri because of scheduling (esp into Sydney). They could get a big local crowd to the G for that night though. So EF on Fri.

If you are right and they want to give the winners the most chance to recover, that'll be on Sunday (if the Eagles win R22 that'd be an 11am bounce, though - for the league at 4pm). So our game is probably going to be on Sat arvo.

Just a guess.

Friday night at AAMI would really upset all the carpark BBQers - how could they arrive mid-afternoon and get set up?

At Subi would make it effectively impossible for anyone (not wealthy) from Sydney to get there. My guess is we will be on Sat night (at either Subi or AAMI). The AFL likes to use Swans finals to get prime-time exposure.

Sunday is a possibility though.

As we will most likely be playing the loser of hopefully a hard slog while we *should* have a comparatively easy game perhaps Friday night would be best.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Go Swannies
    If you are right and they want to give the winners the most chance to recover, that'll be on Sunday (if the Eagles win R22 that'd be an 11am bounce, though - for the league at 4pm). So our game is probably going to be on Sat arvo.

Just a guess.
    Last year Ten telecast all the finals - I think that may happen again this year? So NRL clashes aren't really an issue.

Originally posted by giant
    Last year Ten telecast all the finals - I think that may happen again this year? So NRL clashes aren't really an issue.
    TEN gets ALL the finals - it's in the contract. The question is how much TEN wants to go head-to-head with NINE on a Friday night.

Though the Saints final last year was a Friday night (IIRC) - I'm trying to obliterate that game from my memory.

That's correct, Ch10 broadcast all the finals (much to Kerry Packers annoyance) and if its a Friday night game, it will be broadcast live into Sydney.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

SXP
    I still believe the game at Subi will be on Friday night giving a looser of that game enough time to recover for SF game, especially if the looser was travelling interstate.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by j s
    Though the Saints final last year was a Friday night (IIRC) - I'm trying to obliterate that game from my memory.
    You're quite right!!

If anyone wants to take a punt the Virgin "Happy Hour" specials today include $59 fares Melb/ Adelaide

( $99 BlueSaver fares are available each way Syd / Adel )
    Last edited by j s; 23rd August 2005 at 01:23 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast