Hi gang,
Am starting to look at the cost of travelling interstate in Week One of the Finals. I'm assming they might want to put Sydney on a Saturday night. But don't quote me on that, as I have nothing to base this assumption on.

Here are the costs as per 21Aug between Sydney and Adelaide. Looking at Qantas's website, it seems that the flights are already mega expensive. $207 @ 710am on Sat03Sep is the best. Coming home on Sunday night the best bet is the one at 1910 . It may well be a mad rush from the ground to the airport if we play on a Sunday like we did in 2003. Otherwise flying home on the Monday (as many of us did in 2003) will be the only option. Footbal Park is in NW Adelaide. And the airport SW near Glenelg.

On DJ things are a fair bit cheaper. On Sep03 there is a $155 flight at 655am as well as $179 at the more amenable time of 950am. Flights are as cheap as $135 on the Sunday coming home too.

Perth on Virgin will cost at least $255 over on the Saturday morning and $235 coming home on the Sunday afternoon. On QF it would be $270 going over at 815am and a scary $330 at the cheapest coming back.

All in all, a bloody expensive 24 or so hours away following one's team.

JF