Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Veteran Site Admin
    Sorry about the frequency and length of downtime. I have been regularly rebooting but mostly to little effect. The site seems to be behaving best from around 11am until mid-afternoon to early evening but after that it's a lottery.

I don't believe the fault is with the server host, or with the volume of traffic being too large for the capacity. Instead I suspect it's the forum software and or the database configuration that is working highly inefficiently and putting too much stress on the server capacity. But that's a guess only, and there's nothing I can do about it. I just have to keep on booting and hoping.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sorry about the frequency and length of downtime. I have been regularly rebooting but mostly to little effect. The site seems to be behaving best from around 11am until mid-afternoon to early evening but after that it's a lottery.

I don't believe the fault is with the server host, or with the volume of traffic being too large for the capacity. Instead I suspect it's the forum software and or the database configuration that is working highly inefficiently and putting too much stress on the server capacity. But that's a guess only, and there's nothing I can do about it. I just have to keep on booting and hoping.
    It might still be the host - do other users frequently report outages and needing to reboot?

Veterans List

Thanks for your efforts, liz.

If it's determined the issue could be fixed by some investment, I'd be happy to make a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

If it's determined the issue could be fixed by some investment, I'd be happy to make a donation.
    Ditto re donation.

Senior Player
    Could archiving or deleting some very old threads/posts help with performance?

Smaller amount of indexing etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Yes, I don't think that there's been a fund-raising drive for a while, so I'm sure some of us could chip in a few dollars.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue where RWO lets you log in - or stay logged in - on one device, but refuses to accept your password on another device? I even went to the point of changing my password on the one that worked, then tried to log in on another device using the new password, and it still went - nope.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I don't think that there's been a fund-raising drive for a while, so I'm sure some of us could chip in a few dollars.
    would love to contribute and would love to buy some merch if Mods went down that path.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I would also like to contribute

I'm enjoying the site functioning well again.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm enjoying the site functioning well again.
    You spoke prematurely. I have no idea why the site behaved perfectly from Saturday evening until mid-Monday morning and has since gone haywire. No matter how often I reboot, it either has no effect or resuscitates for a short period before sinking back into a coma.

You spoke prematurely. I have no idea why the site behaved perfectly from Saturday evening until mid-Monday morning and has since gone haywire. No matter how often I reboot, it either has no effect or resuscitates for a short period before sinking back into a coma.
    I better start the other games thread quickly, then.