Page 61 of 267 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Trading away next year's 1st rounder is a great way to eliminate the temptation to tank. Not that anyone has tanked, of course
    Yes, I think that the correct term is, "list management".

Nick Blakey out injured for the rest of the season with stress fracture in his back. Nick Blakey, father-son and academy prospect, back injury, out for the remainder of the season, 2018 AFL Draft | Fox Sports

Does laidler stay on the list or are his days numbered ?

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Love Laids but I doubt it.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He is contracted till end of 2018

Unheralded Swan signs new two-year deal - AFL.com.au

Jack, Rose and Leonardis will be the only senior players delisted

Wouldn't it be beneficial to rookie list AJ? I don't really understand fully how the rookie list works yet

Veteran Site Admin
    Rose is also contracted for next year.

Regular in the Side
    Talia is not contracted for next year is he?

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Talia is not contracted for next year is he?
    No he's not and I cannot see how there is any way he will be on the list next year given his lack of chances this season. Plus he'd be on decent money that will be required elsewhere - even if we wanted him as depth (I suspect they want him out asap) he is a luxury we cannot afford.

BJ, Tyrone and Talia I would see as certs to be delists. Jarred you'd think is a retire?

If it's four out then who's in? Melican for sure from the rookie list. COR I would have thought at the start of the year but he seems to have stalled somewhat. We usually like to take our first three rounders in the draft so there may be some difficult decisions to be made off the rookie list

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Jack, Rose and Leonardis will be the only senior players delisted

Wouldn't it be beneficial to rookie list AJ? I don't really understand fully how the rookie list works yet
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose go in search of additional opportunities. He was really good on the weekend again in the NEAFL - I think he is above NEAFL standard, but has question marks at AFL level. But there I would feel be clubs out there willing to take a punt on him, and give him an opportunity that looks unlikely to eventuate at the Swans.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Interesting trade period for us with a couple of likely delists still holding 2018 contracts. Melican is an upgrade of course.

Watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose go in search of additional opportunities. He was really good on the weekend again in the NEAFL - I think he is above NEAFL standard, but has question marks at AFL level. But there I would feel be clubs out there willing to take a punt on him, and give him an opportunity that looks unlikely to eventuate at the Swans.
    You could be right. I like Rose but I just can't see how he will get his chances with us.

He is good depth and you do need that but I couldn't see another club giving much up either for him in terms of picks but I have no doubt that there'd be a number of clubs prepared to offer him a go

Our list is in rude shape really but the off season shenanigans will be interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Does laidler stay on the list or are his days numbered ?
    He's great defensive cover, never lets us down, precisely why I think Talia's papers are stamped. He's got Aliir and Laids ahead of him and I have no doubt that Maibaum will be putting his hand up for selection next year as well.