Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: the other games.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If you want to see Essendon’s “edge” at work and are in need of a laugh, watch the last 10 seconds of the first half vs Port. Three Essendon blokes in defence watch a high ball come in, look at each other, let it bounce and it goes to an unmarked Port player who snaps the goal.

It was comedy gold. You’ll go into the weekend with a smile on your face.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    If you want to see Essendon’s “edge” at work and are in need of a laugh, watch the last 10 seconds of the first half vs Port. Three Essendon blokes in defence watch a high ball come in, look at each other, let it bounce and it goes to an unmarked Port player who snaps the goal.

It was comedy gold. You’ll go into the weekend with a smile on your face.
    A bit more rim than edge.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I know we were all justifiably disappointed with our performance against Richmond but Melbourne's making our win against them look pretty good and, even though it's still only the first quarter, Essendon are doing well against Port.
    I might have gone a little early about Essendon! They've been woeful since quarter time.

Senior Player
    Bombers were pretty woeful, but Port were something to behold last night. Connor Rozee was phenomenal and JHF bursting out of packs was impressive too.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Bombers were pretty woeful, but Port were something to behold last night. Connor Rozee was phenomenal and JHF bursting out of packs was impressive too.
    Rozee, JHF and Butters give them one hell of a midfield trio. (I also like Drew, who plays the Robin role the way Rowie does while Chad, Isaac, Errol and co get to be Batman).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I only saw the second half, but Essendon were very poor against port. No effort. Missing tackles. Just standing around.

It's not the coach, they've had 3 or 4 coaches for the same result.. it's the list.

Senior Player
    Fremantle ahead by 2 kicks with a few minutes to go. Carlton manage to get ahead with 40 seconds to go with a mark in front of goal which they contested.

They got pinged for umpire abuse and give up a free kick right in front instead of a centre bounce chance to get the lead back!

Veterans List
    Adelaide Oval rockin' with The Presets.....fantastic. Saw them live in Melbourne about 13 years ago....gee that went bloody quick!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Fremantle ahead by 2 kicks with a few minutes to go. Carlton manage to get ahead with 40 seconds to go with a mark in front of goal which they contested.

They got pinged for umpire abuse and give up a free kick right in front instead of a centre bounce chance to get the lead back!
    It shouldn't have been paid a mark because the ball hit the arm of the Fremantle player. You can see it deviate. Freo were unlucky, but you can't abuse the umpire. They had 40 seconds to try and regain the lead, instead the game was over after giving them another shot at goal.

By the way, what were Fremantle wearing?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Adelaide Oval rockin' with The Presets.....fantastic. Saw them live in Melbourne about 13 years ago....gee that went bloody quick!
    What amazes me is how our brains remember lyrics from so long ago. It's like it was yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I don’t say this with any malice as I always liked him and hoped he’d come good, but poor Dylan Stephens seems to have regressed further. I get it’d be hard to play in this side but he’s largely absent and the few times he’s involved he’s fumbly. Sad to watch.
    The poor bloke was subbed out of the game with only five possessions.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It shouldn't have been paid a mark because the ball hit the arm of the Fremantle player. You can see it deviate. Freo were unlucky, but you can't abuse the umpire. They had 40 seconds to try and regain the lead, instead the game was over after giving them another shot at goal.

By the way, what were Fremantle wearing?
    Possibly the correct decision, would have been to have overturned the first goal on review, while Kennedy was lining up for his shot, but still letting him take the shot because the dissent ruling stood? I can't work out if that would have been more or less controversial?

Either way, I am starting to get a bit sick of crucial decisions seeming to consistently go Carlton's way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast