Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 10 vs Carlton at SCG, 7:40 PM, Friday 17 May 2024

Senior Player

Round 10 vs Carlton at SCG, 7:40 PM, Friday 17 May 2024

We are up against the Blues this Friday with four points and percentage lead over 2nd and 3rd on the ladder.

I think we are on our way to another trade ban, COLA adjustment or Academy neutering, even though our back six and front six are not considered elite (undersized and inexperienced respectively).

Carlton’s height is challenging, especially with TDK’s marking up front. He kept Lever out of the game vs Melbourne for most of the first half and then there is Curnow and McKay as well.

Hope McCartin is ok to come back in. Francis was not up to it on Friday, but he was ok in a few games last year, so he probably needs more game time to find form, but probably not against this tall team.

In the VFL, Hamling kicked four goals, Parker was strong (including booting the winning goal from outside 50) and Campbell had good stats (but don’t know how effective his disposals were).

Longmire doesn’t like large changes to a winning team so I think only Francis will come out for McCartin.

Parker could come in as sub possibly for Fox, with Wicks to be sub?

Ins

Ladhams
    Parker
    Campbell

Outs

Francis
    Roberts
    Fox

Sub-Parker

I’m bringing in Ladhams to essentially run with Perrotett (Carlton starting ruckman) and starting Grundy in the backline on Tom D-K. When Tom D-K goes into the ruck or rucks in the forward line Grundy follows him. Ladhams takes care of the main Carlton ruckman and gets his chance for substantial minutes in the middle.

Melican on McKay and Rampe on Curnow. I’m keeping Blakey off a tall opponent so he can help in the air by jumping in from the side. Campbell to play the small defender role that Robert’s was playing and Parker so add injection via the sub.

The game is SOLD OUT .
    Perrotett is doubtful , busted up finger.

Veteran Site Admin
    No Tommy Mac this week, but no concerns for Blakey.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Yes, agree with Robert being left out.

Has played really well but the last two weeks has really drop off, like any young player.

Put Campbell in the forward line and give Papley a rest, he is definitely carrying some injury.

Would keep Francis; he was rusty but on looking at the replay not that bad.

But Parker has to go in: yes, he is not fast, but he will destroy Carlton singlehandedly!
    doof-doof

Grundy is one of the best rucks in the comp, not a defender. That is the most random suggestion I have heard.

Roberts looks like he needs a spell. I would swap him with Campbell.

Fox to come in for Francis.

Parker to be sub.

Melican can take McKay, Rampe on Curnow and either Fox or Blakey on TDK. If he doesn't mark it, they will destroy him when running off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Grundy is one of the best rucks in the comp, not a defender. That is the most random suggestion I have heard.

Fox to come in for Francis. I’m

Parker to be sub.

Melican can take McKay, Rampe on Curnow and either Fox or Blakey on TDK. If he doesn't mark it, they will destroy him when running off.
    Roberts was poor but needs a spell so Campbell in for him. I thought Francis was ok and he is a good spoil so he could be on TDK. Parks has to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Ins

Ladhams
    Parker
    Campbell

Outs

Francis
    Roberts
    Fox

Sub-Parker

I’m bringing in Ladhams to essentially run with Perrotett (Carlton starting ruckman) and starting Grundy in the backline on Tom D-K. When Tom D-K goes into the ruck or rucks in the forward line Grundy follows him. Ladhams takes care of the main Carlton ruckman and gets his chance for substantial minutes in the middle.

Melican on McKay and Rampe on Curnow. I’m keeping Blakey off a tall opponent so he can help in the air by jumping in from the side. Campbell to play the small defender role that Robert’s was playing and Parker so add injection via the sub.
    Not sure that much or any off that would work ? you go 8/1 and now want to make wholesale changes.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Ins

Ladhams
    Parker
    Campbell

Outs

Francis
    Roberts
    Fox

Sub-Parker

Grundy to play defence? Ummm, I’ve taken some mind bending drugs in my life but no.

Veterans List

Parker to be sub.

Agree with all of that.

Parker to be sub.

The most random suggestion you’ve heard. That’s dramatic.

I guess if Tom D-K takes 10 marks, kicks 4 goals, destroys Francis in attack and totally outgunnes McLean in the ruck then we may revisit my suggestion.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Roberts was poor but needs a spell so Campbell in for him. I thought Francis was ok and he is a good spoil so he could be on TDK. Parks has to come in.
    Watching the seconds last Saturday and I thought Campbell's second half was outstanding. Interesting dilemma facing selectors on Parker and Campbell.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast