Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 12: just other games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    You are misquoting me. Don’t be an ass, and show some courtesy to other forum members who are just discussing analogies.
    Your "analogy" was highly contentious and deserved to be disputed when you consider that the Leo Barry marking contest was the result of the umpires missing a clear free kick to Darren Jolly moments beforehand.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Assume you're talking about Sampi and not Cox
    Yes.

Veterans List
    You are misquoting me. Don’t be an ass, and show some courtesy to other forum members who are just discussing analogies.
    I wasn't being an ass, my comment was aimed at a collective who seem to be drawing a huge bow by implying that our flag in 2005 is as undeserved as the Fairypups AFL sanctioned fix in 2016.

I think Sandridge shot down that collectives wacky theory anyway.

FWIW, I tried to edit the 'effing' part of my post but left it too late. I stand by the 'get a grip' part though.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 4th June 2024 at 01:43 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Your "analogy" was highly contentious and deserved to be disputed when you consider that the Leo Barry marking contest was the result of the umpires missing a clear free kick to Darren Jolly moments beforehand.
    I fully accept there are different views, and my use of the word ‘fake’ was too strong.

There is a difference between robust discussion between fellow forum meetings, and cursing them out if you think what they said was silly.

Senior Player
    Clearly September 24 2005 is the greatest day in the history of the human race and not even a scintilla of doubt should waft
    within cooee of it. The only day that comes remotely close is of course September 29 2012.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Officially, we are yet to win the premiership after winning the minor premiership, and it is still a trend we want to break.

If you want to go back further, South Melbourne won the premiership in the VFA a few times by finishing on top of the ladder (no finals): 1881, 1885, 1888, 1889, 1890.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567