Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Match Thread - Round 15 - GWS v Swans

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I confess I was surprised to see Heeney poll votes in this game. And he got a couple from both coaches. Maybe that just shows the level he's been playing at all year that my expectations for each match have skyrocketed. I didn't think he was poor. Just not a standout. He seemed to be protecting a shoulder and wasn't going for marks or tackles as he normally does. From the "big three" I actually thought Chad had a little more impact despite the close attention from Bedford. His two goals - scored in different fashions - showed how accomplished a forward he has become. That kick for his first goal was quite wonderful.
    It's funny. I was a bit like you, but when I went back and watched the second quarter and looked at some of the stats afterwards, it was more a function of his game being heavily inside this week. He led the team in tackling, and was only behind Rowie on things like contested possessions and clearances. I think it's also one of the few games this year where he hasn't hit the scoreboard.

And yes, Chad's slot from the juncture of the 50 was some special sort of goal. 99 percent of players would try to sneak around and get a couple of metres closer to goal and risked playing on from outside. Chad just went - nup, got it, bang.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Opti-pessi-misti
    IU I was like you in thinking Heeney was not quite as impactful as say Rowie and Grundy in the first half, probably because I was just listening to the radio commentary and they were the ones getting all the praise. I did watch the game later and witnessed Chad's heroics and noticed Heeney was in everything but it was in the last quarter when the Giants were dominating somewhat that it was a case of Errol everywhere! One moment he was in the backline making his presence felt, then in the forward line, like a yoyo and really having an impact in keeping us from being completely run over.

The game was a good test for us, the last 3 games in fact, have shown that we can't be held for 4 quarters, 2 or 3 maybe but not 4 (apart from Richmond). Can we continue to withstand the pressure? It is indeed exciting being a Swans supporter at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I confess I was surprised to see Heeney poll votes in this game. And he got a couple from both coaches. Maybe that just shows the level he's been playing at all year that my expectations for each match have skyrocketed. I didn't think he was poor. Just not a standout. He seemed to be protecting a shoulder and wasn't going for marks or tackles as he normally does. From the "big three" I actually thought Chad had a little more impact despite the close attention from Bedford. His two goals - scored in different fashions - showed how accomplished a forward he has become. That kick for his first goal was quite wonderful.
    On "AFL Tonight" last night they were speculating Heeney may have a shoulder injury, but club has said Heeney is a definite to play this weekend.

We are in a position to begin resting players if they are carrying niggling injuries or soreness.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    On "AFL Tonight" last night they were speculating Heeney may have a shoulder injury, but club has said Heeney is a definite to play this weekend.

We are in a position to begin resting players if they are carrying niggling injuries or soreness.
    Horse was on an interview today. Said Heeney got a bump on the shoulder in the last minute of the Adelaide game, but is absolutely fine for this week.

As for resting players, we just had a bye, so might be a few more games before we do that I think (I would have suggested Hamling get a run and Amartey get a rest this week, except for the very recent bye)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Horse was on an interview today. Said Heeney got a bump on the shoulder in the last minute of the Adelaide game, but is absolutely fine for this week.

As for resting players, we just had a bye, so might be a few more games before we do that I think (I would have suggested Hamling get a run and Amartey get a rest this week, except for the very recent bye)
    Fogarty crashed into him after he disposed of the ball. Ordinary act.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910