Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Calender Clashes with Swans Draw

Originally posted by dread and might
    zero respect from me for any sport with fat blokes at the top level.
    Adam Schneider/Dean Rioli thread ?

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bart
    Adam Schneider/Dean Rioli thread ?
    LOL... they might be fat for AFL players, but if you saw them walking down the street, you wouldn't think "you fat bugger"
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Blog Entries
    Pesonally I wouldn't be calling an player "fat" in league,union or rules.

They are big bastards!!

Originally posted by Damien
    Wonder if one of our SCG Sunday afternoon matches will now be moved to a Saturday night to make Channel 10 happy?

With all the support they have given the Swans and Lions in the Northern States, I don't think they will be happy about losing a prime time match involving both sides, I am sure there will have to be some type of pay back.

By the way I don't like this compromise at all, but meh.
    I reckon Ch 10 would be quite happy not having to televise the swans at the same time that the Bledisloe is on. They'd get slaughtered far more than usual in the ratings. The only question is, does Ch 9 get to show the Sunday game now?
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Originally posted by sharpie
    The only question is, does Ch 9 get to show the Sunday game now?
    very unlikely. i think if a tv station has the rights to a game then it's their perogative of wether to show it live or not.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by sharpie
    I reckon Ch 10 would be quite happy not having to televise the swans at the same time that the Bledisloe is on. They'd get slaughtered far more than usual in the ratings. The only question is, does Ch 9 get to show the Sunday game now?
    It's the 1pm game, I seriously doubt the AFL would have changed this and not guaranteed Nine Coverage. If it was Fox Footy, the game would begin at 2pm.

My guess is that the whole round has now been changed to accomodate this change.

As for 10 being happy - if the AFL was on that night at Telstra, the ARU and SANZAR would have reorganised their schedule anyway. The match would not have been on anywhere else in Australia at the same time. So that simply would not have been an issue.

On the Rookie List
    Land of the Bloods where anything is possible
    Don't forget this game will be the first game for premiership points played during the day at Telstra so we should fill it

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by benny_w
    Don't forget this game will be the first game for premiership points played during the day at Telstra so we should fill it
    Can't see that impacting it at all. Surely Telstra Stadium have had enough "firsts" now.

OldE
    I think we got the bad end of the deal. I don't think there's any way in the world that we'll get even enough to fill the SCG, much less Telstra. And less people will probably come down from Brisbane due to the fact getting back for work on Monday would be a difficulty.

Once again, the AFL has capitulated to the ARU. After the Johns saga last year, I thought they were going to be a little less accommodating.

Oh well, maybe after the Swans win a premiership we'll be able to give the ARU a real run for their money in Sydney.

Living in 2005
    I am sure some compensation has been paid......

OldE
    I guess it's the attitude that irritates me. I am sick of all my rugby-loving friends telling me that rugby is the far superior code, and this will only fuel the fire. We're acting like we're second best, and allowing the ARU to be the prima donnas they are.

To capture the Sydney market, the AFL needs to be aggressive. I really don't see how moving the game would help, unless it's something we can hold against them in later duels.

Sorry, just needed a whinge.

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by eirinn
    I guess it's the attitude that irritates me. I am sick of all my rugby-loving friends telling me that rugby is the far superior code, and this will only fuel the fire. We're acting like we're second best, and allowing the ARU to be the prima donnas they are.

To capture the Sydney market, the AFL needs to be aggressive. I really don't see how moving the game would help, unless it's something we can hold against them in later duels.

Sorry, just needed a whinge.
    Just ask them which Australian state they are ranked as the number 1 winter sport

Works for me

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast