Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what was your fav game of 2004 ?

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material

what was your fav game of 2004 ?

mine was the game againts the ROOS at Manuka, after a slow start, it looked like Nrth had the wood on us and were headed for a big victory, they were four goals up and playing some very confident footy.
    But suddenly the Swans clicked and everyone looked like they knew where everyone else was.
    Goodes was briliant going forward and into the pocket (from that game I still think he can be a powerful tool as a roving/forward).
    Saddo also came alive as a forwrd in this game, and it really looked like the Swans had a bit of majick about them. Sad to say it all went to **** later especially for Goodes and Saddo.
    What is your fav game this season ?

Probably the win over St Kilda at the SCG - we actually played good football that day and it was enjoyable to watch.

Followed by the 'Roos at Manuka also - it's probably the only other game where we actually looked good like we did in 2003.

Essendon at SA wasn't bad from what I recall either.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

North in Canberra, St Kilda in Sydney, Carlton at Optus and the Demons at the Dome.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by robbieando
    Demons at the Dome.
    Probably one of my favourites as well, the only game I travelled to Melbourne for. It was the week after the Wally tragedy, and even though they shut it down in the last quarter, for sheer emotion and joy at winning it has to be up there. And my first game at the dome!
    Murphy, you are... a... elf

Nobody's mentioned the Crows game yet?

But in all seriousness the first Roos game was great - and I'm even going to throw in the first three quarters of the second one - direct corridor football, no fiddling around the boundary line - and then it all went pear-shaped, scrappy ugly, boundary hugging football, and the subsequent blowing of a massive lead

Hey footyhead, good to see you're thinking about something positive for a change. There's hope for you yet.

My favourite was definitely St Kilda at the SCG, followed by the final against the Weagles.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by sharpie
    Hey footyhead, good to see you're thinking about something positive for a change. There's hope for you yet.

My favourite was definitely St Kilda at the SCG, followed by the final against the Weagles.
    Same, then the Roos in ACT game.

Oh, and beating the pies is always a favourite!!

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    saints at the scg. against expectations. beautiful day, crowd as involved as they ever get, even before the siren.....

roos at manuka. my old hometown, and the first place i saw top flight football (exhibition match pies v fitzroy late 80's). positive football, hot, the goodes goal....

pies at SA. 15 lead changes. woewoeful's clanger, big weekend, friends from melbourne up......
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

On the Rookie List
    Land of the Bloods where anything is possible
    Melbourne at the Dome.

I think the only game to rival the Crows one for sheer boredom from a spectacle viewpoint was the Melbourne one at the TD.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Post 70000 on this forum... um the game against Freo at home

The win against the Saints was great, and turned our season around. It was like the glory days of the SCG.

Also, I liked the Round 1 game against the Lions. Ok, we lost, but should have won if Ball had kicked straight, and Davis was on fire. Things looked really positive after that game. But unfortuntely we fell in a hole not long after.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast