July 23 Aust v South Africa, Durban ABSA Stadium
    July 30 Aust v South Africa*, Pretoria Securicor Loftus
    Aug 13 Aust v New Zealand*, Sydney Telstra Stadium
    Aug 20 Aust v South Africa*, Perth Subiaco Oval
    Sept 3 Aust v New Zealand*, Auckland Eden Park
    Sept 11 Aust v Japan Tokyo, Chichibu Stadium
    *denotes Tri Nations match

AAP
    Where does this leave the Swans? will the game be moved to a different time or venue?
    Its a shame really as games at telstra is so much easier for me to get to.
    ...they call me Dr Worm.....
    www.drworm.info

On the Rookie List
    Sorry I answedred my own question by going to the ARU website. apologies for the full text

ARU, AFL & Telstra Stadium finalise match schedule
    November 30, 2004 - 8:04pm
    Story by: ARU
    Next year's Bledisloe Cup Test will be played at Telstra Stadium on Saturday 13 August
    Sydney football fans are in store for an action packed weekend at Telstra Stadium next August following an agreement between Telstra Stadium, the AFL and the ARU resolving a scheduling clash between the codes.

It has been agreed the AFL blockbuster, Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions, will be played on Sunday 14 August 2005 at 1pm, and the Wallabies will play the Bledisloe Cup Test on the Saturday night (13 August 2005).

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said he was pleased the AFL, ARU and Telstra Stadium were able to reach a mutually acceptable solution for the benefit of sports fans.

"On Sunday 14 August 2005, two of the AFL's strongest and most popular sides will battle it out at Telstra Stadium in what promises to be one of the biggest games of the year," Mr Demetriou said.

"From our perspective, the most important thing was making sure as many AFL fans as possible will see two of the most popular teams in the league go head-to-head."

ARU CEO Gary Flowers thanked the AFL for being prepared to find an amicable solution.

"Unfortunately, due to international playing schedules we weren't in a position to change the date of the Bledisloe Cup," he said

'We appreciate the AFL's tremendous cooperation in being able to move its game to the Sunday."

Telstra Stadium CEO Ken Edwards said the agreement was testament to the two codes and their willingness to constructively work together.

"We're pleased and grateful the two organisations have been prepared to negotiate for the benefit of fans on this occasion," Mr Edwards said.

"The cooperation of the two codes allows us to stage one of the best weekends of football at the Stadium.

"We will continue to work with all codes to ensure football fans have the opportunity to see all the best games at the Stadium."
    Although i dont agree with the stuff about due to international fixtures. surely the afl draw was out first it should get first preference.
    www.drworm.info

Blog Entries
    "The AFL has agreed to shift its Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions blockbuster to the following day at 1pm." - Sun Aug 14

AFL agrees to shift for rugby

Almost Football Legend
    Yet again the AFL gets shafted. Not only do we have to shift our Stadium Australia booking when gazumped by the rugby, but they also put the Wallabies v South Africa in Sydney on July 9, the same night as Sydney v Geelong at the SCG.
    The least the union could do after we back down is not schedule any other games in opposition, but any sort of decency isn't the rugby union's modus operandi.

j_b_b had been asking me if I'd be interested in going to a Waratahs game next season - neither of us have ever been. After this disgraceful con job, I won't be attending or watching rugby union at any level next year.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Not happy about this at all. It mean I'll have the sun in my eyes the whole game (as will most club members as we mostly sit on the eastern side

I hope it's a cloudy day.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by j s
    Not happy about this at all. It mean I'll have the sun in my eyes the whole game (as will most club members as we mostly sit on the eastern side

I hope it's a cloudy day.
    I have only ever been to Soccer Internationals at the Olympic Stadium and the sun dosent get low enough to not be a problem on the eastern side until about 3.30 or so. maybe they will provide sunglasses.

If they had had some foresight they would have built a roof over the place
    www.drworm.info

Well what we need to do is ensure that we have a packed house to put ARU on notice - we are here for the long haul and next time we may not be so accommodating.....

Rod_

Living in 2005
    Wonder if one of our SCG Sunday afternoon matches will now be moved to a Saturday night to make Channel 10 happy?

With all the support they have given the Swans and Lions in the Northern States, I don't think they will be happy about losing a prime time match involving both sides, I am sure there will have to be some type of pay back.

By the way I don't like this compromise at all, but meh.

Good point Damien (though a bit tongue in cheek for TEN Sydney I think).

With TEN's commitment to every Sat nite prime in Brisbane they won't be happy about one less Lions game in the lineup

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by j s
    Good point Damien (though a bit tongue in cheek for TEN Sydney I think).

With TEN's commitment to every Sat nite prime in Brisbane they won't be happy about one less Lions game in the lineup
    Still think considering we have had ratings figures totalling 70,000 viewers on one night, they have been pretty good to the Swans.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    , but any sort of decency isn't the rugby union's modus operandi.

:
    That's how they stay rich..... the (*&&^* face stamping, scratching biting goons. if it's the game they play in heaven, i'll have a reserved seat at the other joint.
    zero respect from me for any sport with fat blokes at the top level.

rant over.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Senior Player
    I wonder if this compromise includes having the stands out for the Rugby. Would be nice to think that would be the case but I doubt it. In my mind this raises huge doubts about how the ground will come up, particularly those wing areas on which the supports reside, no doubt despite all the assurances from the Stadium.

This stinks.

On a positive note I've been hoping for a day game at Homebush for a while so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast