9 15.25%
  • North - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • North - more than 40 points

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 6 - North Melbourne

Round 6 - North Melbourne

I think we all got a bit carried away with last week's poll. That was our worst tipping effort so far this season.

We haven't beaten North Melbourne in Melbourne since way back in Round 11 1996, when we thumped them by 79 points at Optus Oval. Since then our only victories against them have been in Sydney or Canberrra. Are we travelling well enough at the moment to win? North put up a very good performance against Collingwood on the weekend. Over to you...
    Last edited by Cheer Squad; 21st April 2008 at 08:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I think we all got a bit carried away with last week's poll. That was our worst tipping effort so far this season.
    Not all of us got carried away.

We haven't beaten North Melbourne in Melbourne since way back in Round 11 1996, when we thumped them by 79 points at Optus Oval. Since then our only victories against them have been in Sydney or Canberrra. Are we travelling well enough at the moment to win? North put up a very good performance against Collingwood on the weekend. Over to you...
    The reason we haven't beaten them in Melb for so long is we have hardly played them in Melb in the last 10 years, or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Not all of us got carried away.

The reason we haven't beaten them in Melb for so long is we have hardly played them in Melb in the last 10 years, or so.
    The only other times we've played them in Melbourne since that long-ago win were at the MCG in the 1996 GF, and Round 8, 1998, with both games lost. In that time, I doubt we would have won the games against them that we lost at Manuka Oval and the SCG had they been played in Melbourne.

We played them, and lost, in Melbourne last year.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

The Swans should bounce back after facing the best team in the league last week.

Swans by 15.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

north had a hard slog, we had a nice rest in the last quarter of our game so should be fresh.

This is a danger game, if we are a genuine flag threat we should be able to win this sort of game. We need to put the geelong loss behind us straight away and get a win without hall etc, just put it all behind us.

If adam goodes doesnt play an awesome game this week there is something wrong with him, he must be fired up surely?
    Theres not much left to say

My prediction against the cats were that they were going to rip us a new one. IMHO, the swans did really well. It was really only in the last 10 to 15 mins that the new one was ripped!!

Hopefully, they now know that they have to play FOUR quarters of footy ... not just two.

Swans by 39.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I don't rate North at all. Yeah they beat the pies. Big deal. Don't forget the pies got done by Carlton last week. Goodes is well overdue and I'm sure the boys will wanna make up for the Geelong game. Swans by 66.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

It will be close...

North have struggled to put teams away this season - very poor kicking for goal.

Sydney are well down - midfield delivery into a short forward line is really hurting. That fwd line is just not kicking enough goals....

Given it is a home game for North I can't see Sydney beating them - but it will be close!

Veteran Site Admin
    North are a team you underestimate at your peril. Often written off by pundits but play a good mix of attacking and defensive football. Who can forget what they did to us in the first quarter of last year's match?

I think they're in that group along with ourselves, St Kilda, the Bulldogs, Collingwood (despite the last two weeks), Adelaide and possibly Brisbane who are going to fight it out for top 4 spots behind the two stand-outs.

I've not seen a whole lot of them so far this year but from what I have watched, Boomer Harvey looks to be in terrific form. A likely opponent for Jack this week?

Don't understand why North are continually underrated. I was guilty of this last year but you don't finish in the top 4 by accident.

This will be a very good indicator of where we sit this year. We need to stay ahead of the pack (behind Hawthorn and Geelong) so this is a very important 4 points.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I believe you referred to them as pretenders after they got knocked out of the finals?!?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast