Thread: wind tonight - who will it favour?

Veterans List

wind tonight - who will it favour?

BOM forecast

Warning summary
    Strong Wind Warning for coastal waters.

Forecast for Friday
    Fine and sunny. Moderate to fresh N to NW winds, strong at times this
    evening.
    Precis: Fine. Becoming windy.
    City: Max: 30 Parramatta: Max: 30

Synoptic situation
    A front will move in to the southwest of the state later today. Strengthening north to northwest winds over New South Wales ahead of the change.

Strong Wind Warning
    For the Far North Coast, Mid North Coast, Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, South Coast, From Gabo Island to Tweed Heads

Winds strengthening this afternoon or evening to 20/30 knots, N/NW Hunter southwards, and N/NE north of the Hunter. Seas rising to 2 to 3 metres. N/NE swell 1 to 1.5 metres.

The next warning will be issued by 5 pm EST Friday.

Please be aware
    Wind gusts can be a further 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.

That could translate to wind at up to 80 km/h! The Shockers didn't cope well with wind at Subi. Will we?

Or will Telstra be sheltered enough?

Thoughts?

The direction of the wind is a problem. By that forcast is going to be right down the ground. A cross wind would have been sheltered by the side stands.

Luckily my seats are at the southern end, so I should see a lot of ball!

A strong wind warning for coastal waters may equate to barely a breeze at Homebush. If it is windy, it will favour the team that plays "wind weather football". That is, try to keep your opponent scoreless when they have the wind and kick a bagful when you've got it yourself. Kicking one or two against the wind is also a big help. The Crows played perfect wind weather footy in their final against Freo, especially in the second half.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

I was wondering and worrying about the weather.......as I have been through everything else there is to worry about. It is pouring with rain here and I have become so irrational that I think it is in Sydney too.

Hurry up and be over.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    It wont be windy at Homebush, and especially within the ground.
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm