Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camden FC Makes Eight In SydAFL Div 1

Camden FC Makes Eight In SydAFL Div 1

Its official now, Camden Football Club will return to Div 1 after a 10 or more year recess from Sydney Footy,making an 8 team comp and eliminating the bye. Camden have enjoyed a fair bit of success in South Coast FL over the years,and with some great facilities out at Harrington Park, they re-join the SFA full of confidence. I personally wish them all the best, and hope they do well-not as well as the Jets will though!

Can anyone shed anymore info on this?

Who will be coaching them?
    Have they recruited any players for there move to Sydney?
    I understand they wore a port adelaide strip in the south coast. Will that be changing?

Roo,i heard it from the League about 3 weeks ago but waited for official confirmation,which is on league site now. Will they still be affiliated with Ctown as originally floated?We played them in 04 in pre-season at Kelso and they wore the Power strip,but i thought Kiama were the Power as well?Blokes like Craig Beveridge and others were involved back then,not sure about now,and they had some ex SWS players in their ranks so only time will tell.Whats good is its another bus trip,just not that long sadly!

Marto at the helm

Have heard that Marto has the job,with backing of Crowe & Holmes A Court

Should be Div 1 power from day one if that is the case

I reckon South West will be dirty losing that alleged 15 k then. I just hope they are and stay competitive,i was only young when they were first around and they had cricket scores put on em,forfeit every 2nd game-every game in 2s-and pulled the pin half way thru 96 for memory. But as long as they make up the bye i'm happy,18 rounds for next yr.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I reckon South West will be dirty losing that alleged 15 k then. I just hope they are and stay competitive,i was only young when they were first around and they had cricket scores put on em,forfeit every 2nd game-every game in 2s-and pulled the pin half way thru 96 for memory. But as long as they make up the bye i'm happy,18 rounds for next yr.
    Dont think it was 96 more likely 95 if anything. We merged in 96 and we were not allowed to wear navy blue with a SWS logo because the league expected them to return to Div 1 and the Navy Blue in short order.

Pekay your right we are really contemplating our future now that the 15k and Chook have failed to materialise. Now that Marto looks a shoe in for the Camden Bunnies job our plan B has also flown our the window. I think we will all be attending church this weekend instead of the sheduled preseaon training and praying earnestly that this is all just a nightmare and Chook and Marto return to lead us from the wilderness

I take you didnt get along with chook and marto when they were at SWS then tara?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I take you didnt get along with chook and marto when they were at SWS then tara?
    If Marto is the same person I new at South West I had a chat with him at prior Gun's N Roses concert this year after sitting next to his brother at the Coll Swans game earlier that evening. So no I never had a problem with him that Im aware of. Wouldnt say we were mates either. Chook I have never had a problem and have always regarded him as one of the best players I have played with. I even employed him and Leesy to do renovations on my old house a few years ago. I always got on well with both him and his wife. So again no problems from my side.

Maybe Marto can work out who I am now if he is indeed the same person.

Gee Tara not a pretty thought,you at Gunners concert with skin tight denim and a headband,and compulsory Chuck Taylor hi-tops.you old headbanger you. I'll take your word on 95 when they folded,i got the record in my nerd archive at home,i'll check it.but at Harro they're not that far from your backyard i think, hope you can be happy neighbours!like us and Penriff.:-D

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Gee Tara not a pretty thought,you at Gunners concert with skin tight denim and a headband,and compulsory Chuck Taylor hi-tops.you old headbanger you. I'll take your word on 95 when they folded,i got the record in my nerd archive at home,i'll check it.but at Harro they're not that far from your backyard i think, hope you can be happy neighbours!like us and Penriff.:-D

Even less of a pretty picture given we had been up partying with Sniper at the Quakers on Friday night and had been home to a nap before getting downing more beers and another sleepless night.

On the retired list

Camden Power- Contenders....

Quote Originally Posted by wise one View Post
    Have heard that Marto has the job,with backing of Crowe & Holmes A Court

Should be Div 1 power from day one if that is the case
    I hear Marto is too scared to play in the over 35's coz my grandfather smashed him!!!

As for Chook, I hear he is going to don the mighty Power strip again this year...good to see!

And that Digger is a game breaker for the Power. Amazing win/loss record when he captain Camden, they were unbeaten!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
    I hear Marto is too scared to play in the over 35's coz my grandfather smashed him!!!

As for Chook, I hear he is going to don the mighty Power strip again this year...good to see!

And that Digger is a game breaker for the Power. Amazing win/loss record when he captain Camden, they were unbeaten!!
    hate to spoil the good news T-Rock, but Chooka will again be coaching the U18's and assistant first grade at campbelltown next yr
    Looking dangerous in the forward 50

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast