Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bottom 2 teams in Sydney AFL Div.1 relegated?

I know this has been said before but relegation should go on each clubs 1st's. Drop Balmain from premier put them in 1st division, which is one grade up from their magoos. put whoever wins the 1st div GF, my guess is UTS or Manly in the premier league.

Almost Football Legend
    Another idea I?ve had about the divisional system.
    It?s probably affected Balmain and Campbelltown more than most, but on days when a team is split with their 18s and seniors together but their reserves elsewhere; there?s a couple of hours dead time in the middle of the day. For example last Saturday, Balmain had their 18s playing at 10; and when that finished the Balmain people had to wait through another game that didn?t affect them before the seniors started.

On occasions where that happens, what would you think of the idea of playing the reserves first? That way, using my example, Balmain people could come to Gore Hill 2 hours later rather than twiddling their thumbs for 2 hours midway through the day.

Not sure whether this idea is good, bad or indifferent; I?ll leave that to our panel of experts on here to discuss the pros and cons.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Another idea I?ve had about the divisional system.
    It?s probably affected Balmain and Campbelltown more than most, but on days when a team is split with their 18s and seniors together but their reserves elsewhere; there?s a couple of hours dead time in the middle of the day. For example last Saturday, Balmain had their 18s playing at 10; and when that finished the Balmain people had to wait through another game that didn?t affect them before the seniors started.

On occasions where that happens, what would you think of the idea of playing the reserves first? That way, using my example, Balmain people could come to Gore Hill 2 hours later rather than twiddling their thumbs for 2 hours midway through the day.

Not sure whether this idea is good, bad or indifferent; I?ll leave that to our panel of experts on here to discuss the pros and cons.
    Understand your comments in relation to the club that has nothing on between the 18's and seniors. However I'm not sure UTS and Manly (who subbed for Dockers and Blues) would be that rapt in their senior teams playing at 10am every away game.

So, results this week make it very interesting. With the new structure in place, it is automatic promotion/relegation (unless Club already in that grade) for top and bottom, but will league utilise the option to drop/raise 2 sides???

In Div 2 - UTS can not go up. Will Mac Uni AND Power both go up even though Power crumbled and finished 3rd? Assume St George be only Div 1 to drop down?

In Div 3 - UTS can not go up again. Will UNSW/ES AND Nor West go up even though Nor West crumbled and finish 3rd?Assume Campbelltown be only Div 1 to drop down

Interesting developments ahead. What are everyone's thoughts (emotional AND non-emotional)?

Div 1

What about in Div 1 with Manly bundled out in straight sets.
    That stuff's up the UTS / Manly promotion to Premier Division.

That stuff's up the UTS / Manly promotion to Premier Division.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily a promotion - Prem Div is outside of promotion/relegation rules. Is an application and approval process.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    So, results this week make it very interesting. With the new structure in place, it is automatic promotion/relegation (unless Club already in that grade) for top and bottom, but will league utilise the option to drop/raise 2 sides???

In Div 2 - UTS can not go up. Will Mac Uni AND Power both go up even though Power crumbled and finished 3rd? Assume St George be only Div 1 to drop down?

In Div 3 - UTS can not go up again. Will UNSW/ES AND Nor West go up even though Nor West crumbled and finish 3rd?Assume Campbelltown be only Div 1 to drop down

Interesting developments ahead. What are everyone's thoughts (emotional AND non-emotional)?
    WHat the hell happened to the Power? THey obviously crumble when facing decent opposition, what a joke they are supposed to be a first grade side. keep em where they are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345