Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pyke

Always had a massive soft spot for the man. Can now openly admit it after his efforts in the last month. I love you Myke!

Veterans List
    In that shot he is as big as Jacko, and that is big. His agility and strength are great assets which helps him at the centre bounces, and he has second efforts. Gee if we can keep that sort of centre clearance work going up to GF day, then we are in for some exciting plays.

Just to keep it real, if LRT played the same game he wouldnt get as much credit.

Pyke was good for his stage of development, but still no world beater

^ disagree. Convert or not, Pyke played a good game. Hard to split him and Mummy yesterday , maybe slight edge to Mummy with his work in close. Pyke got more super coach points however. Kicked a goal any player on our list would be proud of, nearly kicked another, took a strong grab against the best ( apart from Ted) full bak in the league. Did some very nice taps, ( at least one led to directly to a swans goal) and helped to nullify the most dangerous ruck duo in the comp. if LRT did all that he would be praised equally, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    But , would we consider giving Mark Seaby a game before the end of the season , just to keep him fresh at this level ?
    Or , do we hope to have at least one of Pyke or Mummy fit and let LRT "pinch hit" ?
    Probably the latter , but it'd fun to know Horse's thinking.
    Crazy suggestion. Poor Seabs. It's hardly time to play around with the ruck combo when it's working so well, just to have our 3rd or probably even 4th choice ruckman "fresh", when the thing Pykey needs most is game time, and Mummy's just getting back to fitness. Seaby's had a couple of senior games this season and did OK, but not great, and then apart from anything else, he's injured.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Just to keep it real, if LRT played the same game he wouldnt get as much credit.

Pyke was good for his stage of development, but still no world beater
    Not sure about that. Pyke has had statistically better games, but the real feature was the quality of his hitouts, and the defensive job he, along with Mummy, did on Cox and NicNat. That's where most of the credit is coming from, and I daresay if LRT had been in Pyke's place, he'd be getting a pretty big rap as well.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    or after that interview do we need the Irish anthem? I think Mighty Mike has been spending too much time with Tadhg!

Senior Player
    Longmire quote on Pyke from Swans website:

"as long as he keeps performing, it's going to be pretty hard to put him out of the team"

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    or after that interview do we need the Irish anthem? I think Mighty Mike has been spending too much time with Tadhg!
    Irish men do sometimes have an Irish twang to their accent, it could be as simple as having Irish blood in his family. I used to date a Canadian girl and her dad sounded very Irish.

Pykey is romping in so far on the Unsung Hero voting. He must have been at home on the net all day!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/unsu...-1226432664427
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Great performance from him. Good to see one of the commentators on 7 (Healy?) recognizing his pace as well, not to mention his second efforts.

His disposal under pressure and from a mark/free can still improve but he is a certain pick each week.
    Yes he outpaced Darren glass and he isn't slow!!! Pykie is supposed to be the fastest over the hundred metres or something like that. I saw that try he scored against the All Blacks and he was really quick!! None of them could catch him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Pykey is romping in so far on the Unsung Hero voting. He must have been at home on the net all day!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/unsu...-1226432664427
    I see what you mean he has 1125 votes and the nearest to him is 197. But he deserves it anyway he is a wonderful ruckman. I am so impressed with his ability to kick goals from anywhere. He not only takes the big grabs a big bloke should he takes the sliding on the ground mark a big guy shouldn't take. I think he could end up the best International player since Jim Stynes. I love the big guy and love especially his second efforts and his wonderful tap work. He and Mummy are the best combo in the AFL bar none!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast