Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pyke

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    But he deserves it anyway he is a wonderful ruckman. I am so impressed with his ability to kick goals from anywhere. He not only takes the big grabs a big bloke should he takes the sliding on the ground mark a big guy shouldn't take. love the big guy and love especially his second efforts and his wonderful tap work. He and Mummy are the best combo in the AFL bar none!!!!
    I never thought i'd say it but I agree with Wolfie on this ^ and i'd add he lays a mean tackle too.

Blog Entries
    When I saw his first contested mark, I thought who the hell is this guy. Can't be Pyke.
    Lo and behold he pops up again to do the exact same thing to prove it wasn't a fluke.
    Pity he could nail the goal the same way he did last week.

He is really proving himself. I guess as his confidence grows he'll become a very important player for us, as Mumford is.

They have rigged the contest. Can't vote for anyone but Smedts and someone else now. Rigged!!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    They have rigged the contest. Can't vote for anyone but Smedts and someone else now. Rigged!!!!
    That's ok, Primmy. I voted for Pyke five times last night, so you can count one of my votes as yours.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

No, that's how it works. You vote between two players until you get your final vote.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I see what you mean he has 1125 votes and the nearest to him is 197. But he deserves it anyway he is a wonderful ruckman. I am so impressed with his ability to kick goals from anywhere. He not only takes the big grabs a big bloke should he takes the sliding on the ground mark a big guy shouldn't take. I think he could end up the best International player since Jim Stynes. I love the big guy and love especially his second efforts and his wonderful tap work. He and Mummy are the best combo in the AFL bar none!!!!
    Are you forgetting Tadgh Kennelly???

Veterans List
    The most inspiring draft of all time. When Mummy went off he took over like the pro he has become. His ruckwork belting the ball around the boundary when the stakes were high late in the game was inspired stuff.

You can Primmy you just press the player name on the left and it goes back one

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Are you forgetting Tadgh Kennelly???
    Not forgetting Tadgh at all he was a great player but this bloke is playing one of the hardest positions on the ground and I think might be an even better International than Tadgh. I know it is hard to believe but he just could be!!! A bit difficult to judge as they play such different positions but let me just say the best International Ruckman since Stynes!

Not forgetting Tadgh at all he was a great player but this bloke is playing one of the hardest positions on the ground and I think might be an even better International than Tadgh. I know it is hard to believe but he just could be!!! A bit difficult to judge as they play such different positions but let me just say the best International Ruckman since Stynes!
    I hope your right Wolftone. You gotta love Mike Pyke.

Goes up to 11
    Well done to Primmy for getting a mention on AFL Insider tonight on Fox with your ringing endorsement for Mike in the Unsung Hero award. Poor Mike came second but good work anyway!

Veterans List
    Mike is a bit of a football freak. I just watched the Saints first half tonight and there's one point where the ball is in our forward 50 and as it comes high into the pack around the ruckmen, Mike sticks his foot out and kicks the ball towards our goal where it's marked, unfortunately, by a Saints player. If we'd had a forward properly in position it would have been an easy mark and goal. Very clever or very instinctive.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast