Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat along for Swans v Pies, Round 20

I don't know??? I look at Geelong last year, roughly around this time last Year the Swannies beat Geelong on their home ground & i still say that the beating Geelong got from the Swans was a game they had to lose,a wake up call you could call it, & look what happened ,Geelong didn't lose another games after that,& Geelong won the Grand-final.

Perhaps the Swannies will take the same path as Geelong & yes i didn't want to see the boys lose to the Pies tonight but they did,so lets hope this was the game the swans had to lose,after all if you teams going to lose a game it's better now than in the Finals.

Did you look at Boys faces after the loss ,they where hurting bad & that's good to see because i know if the Swannies play the Pies again in the Finals they will not lose the next battle I'm sure.

Go you Mighty Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Q... View Post
    I disagree. I believe we are more likely to beat Hawthorn, Collingwood and the Crows at the MCG than homebush...
    Even if the Pies got on the piss with Dane Swan the night before the game and you blind folded them during the game the Swans still wouldn't beat them regardless of the venue.

As for the Crows we are their bitches and they'd piss themselves laughing if they played us in a semi.

Also, if in 2 weeks time we don't beat the Hawks at the SCG I don't think Clarkson will be punching any walls if they face us at the MCG.

Love to be proven wrong though.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Too disappointed to speak. Thought we had this one. Don't think I want to read through this thread so......

One bright note: Al, you weren't there! no that wasn't it. We are up behind the players bench, and can see all sorts of things. Such as Davo yelling at Crouchy to bloody well get off the ground so he could go and deliver a message, and Crouchy going as fast as he could, but not as fast as Davo who I think was rather enjoying the fact. He just sprinted off with his message.

Second note: behind the players bench were a clutch of injured Swans. It was rather amusing watching them trying to adjust their bodies to sit next to each other, there are some very broad shoulders involved (Sam for instance), so they ended up looking like a partly shuffled deck of cards.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    We have a home ground. We didn't play there tonight. I have faithfully made my way out to Homebush to watch our annual loss to the bogans for many years now and I'm kind of over it. The place has no soul and is now right in the middle of the territory that the AFL has deemed should now belong to GWS. We are not Geelong or anyone else. We are the Swans and the SCG is our home, and it has been for 30 years now. I look forward to when the renovation is complete in 2014 and we have a world class venue where we won't have any valid excuses to not play any of our home games there.
    I know we're going around in circles on this issue and my feelings are pretty well known but one thing I disagree with is the assertion from some that the venue had something to do with the loss last night. I think that's patently ridiculous. We played poorly and got beat by a side that just knows how to beat us. Being at the SCG wouldn't have made a difference to that.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Q... View Post
    That's due to my ability to say stuff...

If you're asking why I believe that, it's because, based on my experience I would be more confident in a win at the G, Football Park, or Subiaco to Homebush...

I know the money wants Hombush for the large number of Pies fans, but if you want a stint of losing to discontinue it's possible that you need to make those fans miss a seat. I know it's off topic, but, if you were to make a pies game at the SCG and not let any pies supporters in, it would be a capacity crowd and we'd enjoy all the advantages...
    I blame everyone from Global warming to my love life on that eyesore at Homebush but I can't blame it for our performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Agree, we would of beaten them at the SCG. It's just so unfair that we have to play at ANZ, it is clearly not an advantage and won't be in the finals. The team gave it their all IMO, certainly didn't think we played like crap, we have shown we can match it with one of the best on what is a neutral ground. The forward line needs to be sorted, give Morton or Spangher a go FFS against the dogs, had we had one of them last night we might of won.
    Rubbish.

And the idea that Homebush is a "neutral" venue is also rubbish.

WTF is a "neutral" venue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Rubbish.

And the idea that Homebush is a "neutral" venue is also rubbish.

WTF is a "neutral" venue?
    Nil all draw?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Happy and I know it
    Well Kieran Jack didn't think it was neutral. His tweet:

Kieren Jack ?@kjack_15

Tough game...would like to thank all the @sydneyswans fans who showed up at ANZ stadium. The atmosphere was electric #proudtobeaswan
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Too disappointed to speak. Thought we had this one. Don't think I want to read through this thread so......
    Funny you say that. I felt we were never a chance in the last quarter, just had this feeling no matter what we did they would respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Funny you say that. I felt we were never a chance in the last quarter, just had this feeling no matter what we did they would respond.
    I felt the same way. Had a sense of impending doom, and so it proved.

I don't think I've ever been this disappointed after a game. Probably not since the GF in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    When one of your captains is running around as though he doesn't give a @@@@ it's not surprising we felt that.

Regular in the Side
    Does anyone agree with my family that the seven commentators on a Sat evening give you the "s ". Bryan Taylor talks a lot of 'C " and the idea of tweeting in should bebanished. Concentrate on the game. All Pies supporters with their constant talk about how they replace swan daisy etc.
    As for the Swans TDL is too weak at this atage and they need to play for a full qrt how many times does the opposition score in the last couple of minutes of a qrt.