Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes and booing

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    Eddie McGuire really needs to heed the advice of the late cricket legend and commentary icon Richie Benaud. Benaud's mantra was to put one's brain into gear before speaking. McGuire needs to take a leaf out of the Great Man's book.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Only subscribers can view the article... there's no way I'm giving hard earned to that mob!!
    Can someone give me the gist...
    I love a bit of Eddie bashing.
    If you can bring yourself to visiti Big Footy the article is on there.

Warming the Bench
    Only subscribers can view the article... there's no way I'm giving hard earned to that mob!!
    Can someone give me the gist...
    If you put this link into Google, you should be able to see it from the google link

"http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-privately-attacked-sydney-swans-after-racially-vilifying-adam-goodes/story-fnp04d6y-1227477764877"

Here's the first part:

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire privately attacked the Sydney Swans for damaging his career because they had publicly criticised him for racially vilifying Adam Goodes.

�You and Horse have f ... ing ruined my career,� an enraged McGuire said to then Swans chairman Richard Colless at an AFL club bosses meeting in Canberra in 2013.

The heated exchange came just days after McGuire had unreservedly apologised for jokingly likening the dual Brownlow medallist Goodes to King Kong during his radio program.

McGuire said Colless had told him in a telephone conversation, prior to the Swans� press conference alongside coach John Longmire, that he would make sure that everyone knew the Collingwood�s president�s work with the indigenous community.

McGuire said the Swans boss�s failure to do so led to the confrontation.

�I was still coming to grips with being totally misrepresented and I had spoken to Richard and he said �yeah I�ll make sure that everyone knows your history on indigenous relations�,� McGuire said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    If you can bring yourself to visiti Big Footy the article is on there.
    I read it on the daily terror site.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Swan View Post
    Eddie McGuire really needs to heed the advice of the late cricket legend and commentary icon Richie Benaud. Benaud's mantra was to put one's brain into gear before speaking. McGuire needs to take a leaf out of the Great Man's book.
    It's a good idea, but may not work for a man whose brain only operates in Low gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's a good idea, but may not work for a man whose brain only operates in Low gear.
    And is located in his lower rear
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Veterans List
    So the swans ruined Eddie's career after HE made a racist joke about Goodes. Yeah that makes a lot of sense ! I suppose he wants an apology now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    So the swans ruined Eddie's career after HE made a racist joke about Goodes. Yeah that makes a lot of sense ! I suppose he wants an apology now.
    It seems the Magpie tribe are just so inuslar they really just don't get anything.........

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    If you put this link into Google, you should be able to see it from the google link

"http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-privately-attacked-sydney-swans-after-racially-vilifying-adam-goodes/story-fnp04d6y-1227477764877"

Here's the first part:
    Thanks heaps.
    They still want me to pay for it.
    They'll have to wait until hell freezes over.

What a tosser Eddie is.
    What work with the indigenous community?
    Only if it's to feather his nest.
    Toss.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Thanks heaps.
    They still want me to pay for it.
    If you put your browser into 'private' mode and do a search using the title of the article you can read for free. Worked for me.

I wish Eddie would just bugger off !!!!

Long Term Injury List
    I hope everyone going to the game tomorrow night is prepared to continue flying the flag. You need to be loud and proud and ready to counter the Magpie mob.
    And a suggestion from my old Dad, could you please make noise if we are losing not just when we are in front. That is when the team needs a rev up.