Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TALIA INVESTIGATION ????

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Now that he is at the Swans I guess the AFL have greater incentive to dig deeper.
    Exactly my thoughts. We know from recent history that the AFL no longer go out of their way to do us any favours. If he'd ended up at the Hawks or Pies it would all be done and dusted and he'd have been cleared of any wrongdoing.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 10th November 2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. We know from recent history that the AFL no longer go out of their way to do us any favours. If he'd ended up at the Hawks or Pies it would all be done and dusted and he'd have been cleared of any wrongdoing.....
    Exactly. The 'Big Boys' of the AFL get everything they want by clicking their fingers. I was looking at the first game against Hawks from this year. Roughead downs Shaw behind play, no suspension. If he had done that in 1980's, even though the play was rougher, he would have got 6 matches. A behind play incident in those days was seen as a cowards act. As far as I'm concerned it still is. The player he hit had no idea it was going to happen, it was a king hit. The AFL have let Hawks get away with thuggish behaviour in a game the AFL purport they are trying to keep clean. Sorry but punches in packs, head butts and behind play incidents do not constitute cleaning the game up.

As to Talia, they will go out of their way to hurt us over it even though we were not involved. Gillon is a big anti-Swan (we all know Ciggy is God).

Goes up to 11
    There are a few long bows being drawn here....

Sounds like the suspected 'incident' warrants at least some investigation, and if we certainly would have been well aware of the possibility of this occurring when we signed him.

Hodge drink driving and then trying to break Wingards neck into the post just before finals, proved once and for all who are the AFL's lovechilds.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    There are a few long bows being drawn here....

Sounds like the suspected 'incident' warrants at least some investigation, and if we certainly would have been well aware of the possibility of this occurring when we signed him.
    Jono, this is no place for common sense. Please stick to the issue of Hawthorn.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Some posters had better be careful, or the paranoid's may get them.
    sprite

Tick.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Here is the latest...Talia brothers both cleared of any wrong doing...Cheney admits his accusations, of collusion by the Talia's, were a joke....what a tool!

Bulldogs jumped the gun and have lost , hopefully, a top defender in the process....

While the AFL try to cover for them....With Adelaide and the Talia's understandably refusing to allow their dodgy press release.

It seems the 'VFL's boys club' knows no bounds. Very professional all round.

What a sorry tale.

Really hope M Talia goes on to have a 'Ted Richards type' career .

No joke: Cheney to be warned for sparking Talia probe
    Last edited by ernie koala; 20th November 2015 at 11:04 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

That's an extraordinary finding. So pleased for OUR Talia. But what sort of trust would there be between the Crows' Talia and Cheney after this?? And the AFL come out of this looking more than usually ham-fisted.

I agree with you Ernie, hope Michael Talia blossoms at the Swans.

Happy and I know it
    What a stuff-up!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    We should probably thank Kyle for helping us get Talia for next to nothing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast