Page 200 of 267 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,389 to 2,400 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You would think Dan's manager would have tested the waters to see if there was some interest before asking for a trade. Dan was one of the players I listed who should consider going to another club for more opportunities. I think he would be a good fit for GC who are in real need of midfielders. I would take an upgrade of our pick 32 to one of their picks in the 20s.
    Like X's manager did last year?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Contracted Swans midfielder wants out - AFL.com.au

Dan Robinson has asked for a trade, seeking better senior opportunities. He doesn't have a very high profile so not sure there will be lots of clubs knocking down the door. But if he has a relationship with Dew, maybe the Gold Coast is a possibility.

I'd have thought his standing was reasonably high at the club. He held his position in the senior team until he got injured, and while he's probably not "best 22" I get the feeling he's not far outside.
    Not sure i like the ladt paragraph in that article
    "It shapes as a relatively quiet NAB AFL Trade Period for the Swans, who are tipped to lose youngster Sam Murray to Collingwood".

Contracted Swans midfielder wants out - AFL.com.au

Dan Robinson has asked for a trade, seeking better senior opportunities. He doesn't have a very high profile so not sure there will be lots of clubs knocking down the door. But if he has a relationship with Dew, maybe the Gold Coast is a possibility.

I'd have thought his standing was reasonably high at the club. He held his position in the senior team until he got injured, and while he's probably not "best 22" I get the feeling he's not far outside.
    I agree and am sorry to hear this news. I have hoped for Robbo that he could follow in Jake Lloyd's (or Kizza's) footsteps as an unheralded player that might come good thanks to good work ethic and coachability and just playing his role well and doing the team thing.

However I can also see it from his point of view because he is not best 22 and he is facing a lot of competition from younger, better credentialled players and deserves his chance of having an AFL career which he may be feeling is slipping away. Players like Florent, Hayward and also Dawson have more obvious talent and may well keep him out of the team. Also the incoming first rounder. This would be enough to justify leaving the club and Sydney and I would only wish him well. I think he has the ability to be a 100+ gamer but he needs the opportunity.

The Suns would do well to get him and Dew would know this. I think Ludwig's proposed deal sounds reasonable.

The AFL Player Manager accreditation must be very easy. It's the kind of job even Donald Trump could do.

Veterans List
    When I read the news flash I immediately thought of X Richards fateful decision last year. Only difference is Robbo does have a contract for 2018.

Dew knows him well and other Suns coaches would have seen a lot of him in the NEAFL. Probably his best hope on a 1-2 year deal, we'd get a very modest pick upgrade at best.

Still perplexed about Pies and Murray, you hardly ever see targeting of another club's rookie. What do Pies know that we don't?

Senior Player
    I hope all player/managers learnt from that one, Liz.
    If not. they're in the wrong caper.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    When I read the news flash I immediately thought of X Richards fateful decision last year. Only difference is Robbo does have a contract for 2018.
    Plus it hasn�t been suggested Dan is looking for more money (just more opportunity).

So actually Dan�s situation is quite different to that of X last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Plus it hasn�t been suggested Dan is looking for more money (just more opportunity).

So actually Dan�s situation is quite different to that of X last year.
    Quite so! I don't get the impression Robbo will be getting himself offside with the club. It's more comparable to Biggs.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Dew knows him well and other Suns coaches would have seen a lot of him in the NEAFL. Probably his best hope on a 1-2 year deal, we'd get a very modest pick upgrade at best.

Still perplexed about Pies and Murray, you hardly ever see targeting of another club's rookie. What do Pies know that we don't?
    Nothing. They know the same thing we do ... that any player in a red and white jumper would improve a player list wearing & white jumpers.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Hear that the Pie's may be sniffing around Tippo.

They need a big body forward to help Darcy Moore..just a whisper.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Collingwood can $#@% off. I want Tip to stay and finally deliver what he owes us and I feel it in my dodgy ankle that it's just around the corner.......isn't it? It's got to be!

Veterans List
    The latest on Sam Murray from afl.com.au: "Sydney rookie Sam Murray is expected to make his way to Collingwood early next week in a deal that will involve late picks. It's understood an agreement is all but signed off between the clubs." .....Well, not sure what to think, given the positives we've heard and seen regarding Murray.