Page 202 of 267 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,413 to 2,424 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Ludwig, your cup runneth over.....With unbridled optimism.
    You are almost certainly right, but if it does come off, we can move my post to the Positives thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Collingwood can $#@% off. I want Tip to stay and finally deliver what he owes us and I feel it in my dodgy ankle that it's just around the corner.......isn't it? It's got to be!
    Tippo�s best days are a memory. You�re dreaming.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Contracted Swans midfielder wants out - AFL.com.au

Dan Robinson has asked for a trade, seeking better senior opportunities. He doesn't have a very high profile so not sure there will be lots of clubs knocking down the door. But if he has a relationship with Dew, maybe the Gold Coast is a possibility.

I'd have thought his standing was reasonably high at the club. He held his position in the senior team until he got injured, and while he's probably not "best 22" I get the feeling he's not far outside.
    Dan will give it one more year - quite possibly at another club. But if he hasn't established himself further by the end of next year, he'll retire from the AFL. He's an intelligent guy earning a degree, and he has other career choices ahead of him that will likely be more lucrative than struggling for a career as a good, but not special, AFL player.

He's always put in 110% for us, but if his future is elsewhere, either in the AFL or outside, good on him for giving it a red hot go.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, I thought the chances given to him were reasonably generous and not grasped.
    A little harsh- injuries have been cruel to him. He's pretty hard at it and more than useful but with our younger guns needing game time, he will get more games elsewhere.

Senior Player
    I'd be astounded if any other club was even remotely interested in Robinson. If he didn't have a contract he'd be delist material. If we can trade him it will be for a pick we probably won't use

I'm more disappointed we will probably lose Murray

Veterans List
    AFL reporting that Murray is off to the Pies for a swap of late picks, deal is all but done. That will be picks that in all probability we won't use anyway. Really interested to know why they are chasing him.

Robinson, despite optimism by some, if he gets any interest from a club, it will again be for a swap of late picks that we probably won't use.

It could be that Murray goes and we move up, then Robbo goes and we move that pick up again which may get it into useable territory, but unlikely IMO.

Wilson reportedly off to Freo for 2018 second which is likely to be low 20s in a strong draft, that's about the right price you'd reckon.

Port having a mega trade period, Rockliff & Motlop for free, Watts looking highly likely for pick 30 given Motlop took the lower contract at Port pushing his compo pick to Geelong from 20 to 37 - ouch!
    Last edited by 707; 14th October 2017 at 08:15 AM.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Wilson is a lot more valuable than Devon Smith or Stringer. 20s looks like infers for him.

I thought we might cut a little bit deeper into the list than normal this year as the list spaces look tight after some rookie promotions.

Robinson would be the type of player missing at Gws - someone that is happy to follow instructions to the letter rather than look spectacular. Under appreciated on here for sure. Best of luck to him.

Robinson is not a player in your 22 if you're a serious contender.

It's a shame AFL list managers are so gun shy in trading contracted players. Most trades are triggered by players requesting moves, as opposed to clubs willingly looking to move players to improve their position.
    Trade period is so boring compared to the NBA.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Players improve from his position to be critical all the time. He�s very young and hasn�t had any continuity because of injury.

He may not be best 22 but at the least a handy depth player. As the great Neil Hamburger says �they can�t all be zingers�.

Robinson isn�t going to win a Brownlow but every team needs someone that is happy to put the ego away and do what they�re asked.

The number of times he was recalled from seconds before then getting injured indicates he is very coachable.

Overriding this is the fact we seem to have a few of that type of player so his departure is unlikely to hurt us. I disagree with your general sentiment that we would be carrying him if we want to be contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The latest on Sam Murray from afl.com.au: "Sydney rookie Sam Murray is expected to make his way to Collingwood early next week in a deal that will involve late picks. It's understood an agreement is all but signed off between the clubs." .....Well, not sure what to think, given the positives we've heard and seen regarding Murray.
    Murray will play senior football next year and play well! He will be a loss for us, mark my words!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A reasonable solution for us on these 2 potential trades would be:

1. Murray and pick 51 to Collingwood for pick 38 (equal to pick 55 in value points).
    2. Robinson and pick 38 to Gold Coast for pick 25 (= pick 49).
    3. That works out to Murray, Robinson and pick 51 for pick 25.

That would give us picks 14, 25 and 31 which should be 3 good players to work with out of this draft. I would be happy with that.
    Ludwig you know how it works. We'll give away those players for nothing... more than likely swap 3rd or 4th round picks and move up the draft by 3 or 4 spots to pick 55 or something ridiculous like that!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think Murray is worth something, but we only have power in the trade if some 2nd club with a higher pick in the PSD, like GC, is also interested in him. If Murray is forced into the draft and an interested club could pick him up before Collingwood, then they would have to do some kind of a trade, such as the one I suggested, which isn't all that much compo in that it's just a swap of 3rd rounders. Otherwise, he will go for nothing. It would be nice if other clubs would trade fairly with us. We always seem to be the ones giving away value. Murray is a good prospect, but far from a certainty at senior level. He still has a long way to go in his development, but with good pace and a long kick, he does have some tools.

As for Robinson, I remember him coming up in the reserves. He came in the same year as Jake Lloyd. I felt that Jake was just slightly better as he took control of the midfield and seemed to be a leader with the young group of players. After Jake got the call up to the seniors, Robbo took over. He's got good skills and is an intelligent player, but seems to lack the kind of aggression necessary to raise his game to the next level. He's been very unlucky with injuries and now finds himself falling back in the pecking order of depth players, let alone those who are likely to be in our best 22. I think he would be a good pickup for a club needing some help in the midfield. Robbo has shown that he can handle the pace of the game at AFL level with composure. Stewy Dew would know him well and GC would be a perfect club for him, so if he's not wanted there, then you would have to think that he's not rated by the coaches, although that would seem contrary to the fact of his selection in the early part of the year.