Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: JLT 2019 Game 2: Swans v Suns @ Lismore 1:10pm

It was a bit of an uneventful 2nd half but overall there was a lot of good signs from a few new faces and a few that look to be emerging in new roles.

Now bring on the real stuff and lets see how we go!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't recall seeing Reid on the field after halftime. I hope that was a planned thing and not some innocuous injury, that lasts for most of the season?

Senior Player
    Blakey will play round 1. His sure handling of the ball and general athleticism helps plus he is a very good kick!

Couple of negatives - Ronke just average, Reid needs more time, and I think Hayward is a bit lazy - but he can play for sure.

Positives - Aliir shows his versatility again, Clarke is very handy - not great - but can play a role, Dawson and O'Riordan were good.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I don't recall seeing Reid on the field after halftime. I hope that was a planned thing and not some innocuous injury, that lasts for most of the season?
    They said on MMM that he was not injured and was rested.....

On the veteran's list
    In his civvies at end of the game. Pointing to his ribs
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veteran Site Admin
    Did Jones also sit out the second half? He was still in his playing gear at the final siren (unlike the polo shirt clad Reid) but I don't recall seeing him much - if at all - after half-time.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Blakey will play round 1. His sure handling of the ball and general athleticism helps plus he is a very good kick!

Couple of negatives - Ronke just average, Reid needs more time, and I think Hayward is a bit lazy - but he can play for sure.

Positives - Aliir shows his versatility again, Clarke is very handy - not great - but can play a role, Dawson and O'Riordan were good.
    Blakey is a great kick, courageous, and a good decision maker - my favourite characteristics in a footballer.

Agree with your positives.

Some others:
    - Parker played very well
    - Thurlow looks like he can do a job
    - McInerney is the kind of intelligent utility we've needed. Kind of reminds me of Mattner.

I feel that Hayward and Ronke haven't quite found (or been given) their role.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Did Jones also sit out the second half? He was still in his playing gear at the final siren (unlike the polo shirt clad Reid) but I don't recall seeing him much - if at all - after half-time.
    Reid Jones McVeigh and Heeney did not play the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think that he played a few minutes in the third quarter? But I could be wrong?

Regular in the Side
    Reid and Jones both 51% TOG

Me too. I see his brother Ben has again picked up another soft tissue injury hurting his quad today in a VFL practice match! Geez those brothers are unlucky!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Clarke knows how to find the ball. Also butchers it a lot but his disposal improved as the game progressed. I don't see him as a step down from Hannebery last few years so feels like a win even before factoring in age.

Rowbottom looks like a player. Blakey could be anything. Has so much presence.

Weak opposition so thard to judge our performance.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast