Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22 V North Melbourne @Marvel

Hickey took it on himself to drag us out of the hole we dug. Had some help from JPK and Wilbur.

About to give the obligatory buzzer beater goal to them.

Senior Player
    Here we go again another shot at goal at the end of the quarter - unbelievable.

A goal of course - thats 3 this game.

Three after siren goals is a very poor lapse at the end of each of those quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They've suggested its a syndesmosis. So could be season over
    I'll wait to see what our medical staff say. Last time I checked Gerard Healey is not a qualified medico 😉

He's in a moon boot ffs.

A few weeks ago, who would have thought Blakey would have become such an important player for us.

Considering where we were last year, considering what is going on in Sydney at the moment, considering these players haven't spent a night in their own bed for months, considering all this, I'm rather pleased with our results this year. This was a needed win, and we got it. That's what matters. Any result in the finals will be a bonus. A win would be great, but even playing finals is a wonderful thing for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He's in a moon boot ffs.

A few weeks ago, who would have thought Blakey would have become such an important player for us.
    Yes, now that I've seen the replay, it didn't look good.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'll wait to see what our medical staff say. Last time I checked Gerard Healey is not a qualified medico
    I understand he is a physio, but perhaps not enough 'medico' for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Twisted ankle, I think.
    And he was my pick for best at the time Stevoswan

From memory Melican usually takes a few runs back after a spell to hit a little form
    Just don’t like his looping kicks that hang in the air for an eternity and they’ve been less than pinpoint tonight

Overall Hickey , Hayward , Parker , McLean Cunningham for me with COR honourable mention for lifting us a little when he came on playing up ground and midfield
    And Blakey till he went off
    North Melbourne played pretty decently
    Nice win after all …good to hold them off and the pressure did lift at the end
    Hope Blakey is ok and just grows a new tail(ankle ) and all good for next week

There's been a bit of a debate about who's the better recruit, Hickey or Aliir. In terms of impact on team, Hickey for sure. His work has been a big part of our rise from 2nd last to 5/6. If we hadn't done the trade, I don't think we would be top 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    I understand he is a physio, but perhaps not enough 'medico' for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, I never knew that. I take it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    What are the commentators supposed to say?

“This is a dreary match, no point watching this one”
    Lol. Very true. Pretty ordinary game & they have to have to at least try to talk it up.

But Norf have turned things around in 2nd half of the year after being beyond dismal for first 10 or so games.

Senior Player
    Pretty uninspiring game we seemed to lose focus after half time and North took advantage of that by lifting their game as well.
    Roos coach was pretty upset at half time and promised an increase in pressure which they duly delivered. Straight kicking helped them as well.
    Almost cruised our way to a loss but a win is a win. Fingers crossed Blakey is only out for a week at most was probably BOG when he rolled his ankle. We have a couple of handy players waiting to come back in so would hope we show some improvement next week against one of our bogie teams.