Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Round 23: the other games. The prelude to finals and the prelude to Mad Monday.

Interesting hypothetical. If we end up playing the Cats in week 2 of finals, would they want to play us at Kardinia Park or somewhere less favourable to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Interesting hypothetical. If we end up playing the Cats in week 2 of finals, would they want to play us at Kardinia Park or somewhere less favourable to us?
    Chris Scott already declared that he wanted to sacrifice home ground advantage to play in front of fans if that was the choice. They're scared of us. And they should be.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Chris Scott already declared that he wanted to sacrifice home ground advantage to play in front of fans if that was the choice. They're scared of us. And they should be.
    Probably afraid of GWS. We beat them by a fluke, but the Giants crushed them with arguably the weakest team they put out this year.

Wonder why Gerard doesn’t give an update on Robbo ?
    Is it just a health issue or did they (eventually ) have a massive tiff ?
    Robbo asked questions and went where Gerard would not .

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It sounds like serious health issues. The online media is very quiet on what it is. All the best to Robbo for a full recovery. I miss seeing him on 360 as he is so passionate for the game.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Maybe it's as simple as Robbo doesn't want it public.

Hope he recovers. I love the odd couple. And Robbo has his detractors, but he can be both a wonderful writer, and a passionate fan of the game.

(Plus, he always rates highly for being one of the first and loudest defenders of Goodes).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    If it's sydney v Geelong in 2nd week of finals it's been confirmed it will likely be at UTas in Launceston again. Not a bad result for us if that's the case, which would favour us having played at the ground the week before and no travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    If it's sydney v Geelong in 2nd week of finals it's been confirmed it will likely be at UTas in Launceston again. Not a bad result for us if that's the case, which would favour us having played at the ground the week before and no travel.
    I don't think the squad stays in Tassie after the game. I think they fly back to VIC and then fly down again the following week... It's not exactly a long flight

Pushing for Selection
    I don't think the squad stays in Tassie after the game. I think they fly back to VIC and then fly down again the following week... It's not exactly a long flight
    No teams are allowed back to Vic apparently. AFL are in talks with hospitality TAS to allow winner of gws/Sydney to stay on in Launceston to play the 2nd week of finals in Launceston (should Geelong lose). Announcement to come tomorrow if it's allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    No teams are allowed back to Vic apparently. AFL are in talks with hospitality TAS to allow winner of gws/Sydney to stay on in Launceston to play the 2nd week of finals in Launceston (should Geelong lose). Announcement to come tomorrow if it's allowed.
    OK that's a significant change ... do the families travel with the entire squad to Tassie then? And will NSW let them back in if they lose?

Pushing for Selection
    OK that's a significant change ... do the families travel with the entire squad to Tassie then? And will NSW let them back in if they lose?
    I'm not 100% on those points but I wouldn't think families would be given any special allowances to travel with players but should know more tomorrow.

I think if Port or Brisbane lose their QFs they will get home SFs. So if we win and Port lose, I reckon we'll be heading to SA. Chances are at least one of Port or Brisbane will lose and at least one SF will be in Tassie. Part of the AFL's rapprochement with Tassie, who want their own team.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast