Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 12 Pre-Match Thread, vs Melbourne at MCG, 7:25 PM Saturday 4 June

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think Rampe, Fox, McCartin bros, Lloyd and Blakey is a very solid starting back six
    I agree that is a solid back 6, however their weakness might be defending against pacey small forwards - think Freo.

On the veteran's list
    Have VIC members been able to access you e-tickets yet? Less than 24 hours till the game and I’m still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Amazed that Campbell out again and replaced by Fox who in my opinion is a squad player, not the best 22. If I was Campbell, I would be wondering what the hell I need to do to be in the 22. That goal last game was a real gem, something that Fox couldn't do.
    Campbell is not a back. Fox is. In fact Fox is very versatile. I think the coaches think Campbell is too slight for the mids at this time. I don't agree but I am not a coach.

Fox will be OK in the back position minding the smalls.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Totally unexplainable and unacceptable leaving Campbell out and Wicks in.
    What on earth are our selectors thinking? I would like them to give us an explanation but of course that will never happen.

I don’t like harping on the same old, but we are carrying a passenger in Wicks. He just doesn’t do enough and that stupid free he gave away was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a long time. How Horse can overlook that is beyond me.
    Yes, he kicked a goal- and Campbell got caught a few times- so what?

I’m really unhappy with this- I thought our selectors were better than make such a stupid decision.
    I too thought a message would be sent with Wicks being dropped. But obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Amartey can do with his opportunity, will we see a 3 pronged ruck attack with Ladhams, Reid & Amartey?
    I think Amartey will be second ruck. Reid Forward ruck only rucking in forward 50

Regular in the Side
    how does wicks still get a game and campbell misses out. Wicks after brain fade should not get a game, he was gifted a goal. ronke also deserves a chance instead of him. more pressure than wicks in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think Amartey will be second ruck. Reid Forward ruck only rucking in forward 50

Gives us good options. I prefer Sammy in back 50 due to his goal kicking but last game he went ok. Obviously Tom isn’t ready and no point risking him with Amartey in good form. I really like his athleticism and hope he can stay in the team but difficult when both Buddy and Tom are back. Logan needs game time as he is the future so this will be a good position for us, hoping no serious injuries. So far we’ve done well on that front.

Re: Campbell- ok, don’t play him in defence. But surely with his kicking ability he would be better value than Wicks at HF?
    His upside is obvious and Wicks is in poor form at present. Just don’t get it. We need our best team on the park to give ourselves every chance of a win and this selection makes no sense to me- can someone please explain, without mentioning forward pressure, which Wicks hasn’t been doing well lately?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Have VIC members been able to access you e-tickets yet? Less than 24 hours till the game and I’m still waiting.
    Yes, have been able to access mine Big Cat and, as I can't go, have passed them on to other Swans. I think you need to access tix through the Swans app which i had to be talked through as I'm old and technologically challenged.

With May out, Melbourne will be very reliant on Lever in defence.

I wonder if the Swans will play a hard tag on him, and allow the other forwards to score more easily.

Heywood has been successful in that role in the past, and seems to have the leap and athleticism to do a reasonable job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With May out, Melbourne will be very reliant on Lever in defence.

I wonder if the Swans will play a hard tag on him, and allow the other forwards to score more easily.

Heywood has been successful in that role in the past, and seems to have the leap and athleticism to do a reasonable job.
    +1 Sound strategy which I hope will be invoked and allow McDonald to have another breakout game like he did against Carlton. Heeney & Papley are also due for a big one. One positive with Buddy out is that we're less predictable going into attack.

+2. My big concern is Heeney. He started the season on fire and the last few games has really struggled to impose himself on the game. I hope he is not carrying another injury as he is too good a player for us. Paps is slowly getting better after missing a lot of footy and if we are to win he will need to be up to his best.

Veterans List
    Heeney often puts himself where many others fear to tread....his courage is immense. I wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying something......last week, he took a courageous mark at one point but looked proppy after it. His Bloods spirit is his own worst enemy.....but yes, we need him at his best.