Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final vs Melbourne, at MCG on Friday 2 September, 7.50pm AEST

Goal Sneak, I agree with Molly dooker. Clarke is a bruise free player. To his credit he has absolutely maximized what he has and has a solid role in the team. Ronke, Wicks and Campbell all have way more upside, but none have been able to really harness their talents like Clarke. Ronke is a wonderful crumbing forward with an electric ability to sneak goals. Wicks when he is fully in form can do everything clarke does but also has an ability to be electric and is a hard competitor, Campbell is just elite, silky smooth and always has time. I imagine if any of those three could sort themselves out they would be in the team above clarke any day. But again, full credit to clarke. He has earnt his spot. I do worry though in the tough physical environment of finals whether he can stand up. We saw Sinclair run off him pretty easily last week. Opposition teams will now have studied his tagging approach and will be adjusting.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Forgive me for saying so, but given your track record, I thought you were having a go at a particular player.

It seems you were implying that we are a team of great kicks. I'm mistaken and will humbly retract. I'm stoked that I'm wrong.
    Thanks

Are we not a team of great kicks ? We cant have it both ways , Errol , Chad , Blakey, Jmac , Florent, Paddy , Mills, Buddy , Heeney everyone loves their kicking . If we are that good then bombing it to May should be the least of our worries . Getting it in their hands is the problem , how do we do that . Paddy and Blakey getting less of it recently , Chad getting tagged more , Jmac out of form , Florent not getting much of it in the back pocket . These are the ones we need getting the ball in a final and i reckon most of them need to increase their involvement a bit to do that .

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Goal Sneak, I agree with Molly dooker. Clarke is a bruise free player. To his credit he has absolutely maximized what he has and has a solid role in the team. Ronke, Wicks and Campbell all have way more upside, but none have been able to really harness their talents like Clarke. Ronke is a wonderful crumbing forward with an electric ability to sneak goals. Wicks when he is fully in form can do everything clarke does but also has an ability to be electric and is a hard competitor, Campbell is just elite, silky smooth and always has time. I imagine if any of those three could sort themselves out they would be in the team above clarke any day. But again, full credit to clarke. He has earnt his spot. I do worry though in the tough physical environment of finals whether he can stand up. We saw Sinclair run off him pretty easily last week. Opposition teams will now have studied his tagging approach and will be adjusting.
    Clarke gets a tough job every week and he's been very successful. The coaches see and know more than us and they believe he is the best man suited for the task, regardless of how talented players like Campbell are. I see no reason to degrade his performance by stating he cannot kick or handball and that all his goals are sheer luck. It's not true and uncalled for when that's not the reason he's in the team. I'd be more than happy for another player to prove they're more capable but until then, give him the credit he deserves.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Clarke's a good match for Salem, who doesn't have elite speed but is an an elite kick who opens up space for them.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Thanks... Are we not a team of great kicks ? We cant have it both ways , Errol , Chad , Blakey, Jmac , Florent, Paddy , Mills, Buddy , Heeney everyone loves their kicking . If we are that good then bombing it to May should be the least of our worries .... .
    Yet numerous times last weekend, mainly the last qtr they took the "long down the line" option. Not necessarily the kickers fault if the team isn't providing a better option. It could have been the shorter break, compared to the Saints, and no one was running to space for the kicker.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Make of this what you will, I was talking to someone in Melbourne's inner sanctum today and his quote was the they would have preferred to play any other team than the Swans.
    We've got 'em worried!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Make of this what you will, I was talking to someone in Melbourne's inner sanctum today and his quote was the they would have preferred to play any other team than the Swans.
    We've got 'em worried!
    They shoulda lost to the Lions then last Friday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They shoulda lost to the Lions then last Friday.
    Where is the cunning and guile of the Demons circa 2009 when you need it?
    Last edited by KTigers; 26th August 2022 at 10:03 PM.

On the veteran's list
    We've got 'em worried!
    I know several of their supporters who breathed a sigh of relief when GWS knocked us out last year.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I know several of their supporters who breathed a sigh of relief when GWS knocked us out last year.
    I vaguely remember an interview with Goodwin after the finals last year mentioning they were happy to see us eliminated due to the fact we played a style that was similar to theirs and could trouble them. They will not be underestimating us.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    We've got 'em worried!
    And I spoke to some Melbourne-mad friends of mine last night and they said they'd rather play us at the SCG. They're worried about playing us on their home ground!

We will beat Melbourne.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast