Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Pre Season

Veterans List
    Good to see we are getting some pre season coverage this year due to Adams and Grundy. Normally it would be a 10 second report about Buddy.

The important question is, which player is going to be training the house down this pre season??

A piece of that coverage had Mills out til "at least" the middle if the year

Is that official and i just missed it ?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    A piece of that coverage had Mills out til "at least" the middle if the year

Is that official and i just missed it ?
    I think the media has just made up their minds on the timeframe based on medical reports of how long such an injury can take to heal and decided to morph it into "fact".

I've not read anything coming from the club that puts an estimated timeframe on his return. It could well be mid-season but it seems to be just guesswork at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the media has just made up their minds on the timeframe based on medical reports of how long such an injury can take to heal and decided to morph it into "fact".

I've not read anything coming from the club that puts an estimated timeframe on his return. It could well be mid-season but it seems to be just guesswork at this stage.
    🤞 fingers crossed

It is radio silence though from the club

I’d say with this injury and how it happened smart club move as it can really drag on to heal which wouldn’t be palatable

One thing hasn't changed - the Club's update of players.

I get that until they allocate jersey numbers they can't complete the players page (though how long it takes to have the relevant discussions), but at least remove the retired, delisted players.

An annual gripe

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    It is radio silence though from the club

I’d say with this injury and how it happened smart club move as it can really drag on to heal which wouldn’t be palatable
    Alternatively it can heal a lot faster than the media have quoted - Rugby league medicos quoted at the time said a lot would have to go wrong to out as long as was reported - so hopefully 🤞 he’s back before the start of the season

“Arthroscopic reconstruction of the rotator cuff in overhead athletes is effective for improving function of the shoulder in overhead athletes, with a return to sport in 75.4% of patients within an average of 6.4 months. A total of 62.5% of patients were able to return to sport at pre-injury level.@

A simple google of the Journal of Orthopaedics shows why the media have run with this as worst case scenario - because it ain’t great for quick / rushed returns nor full recovery for pro athletes specifically overhead athletes as above……..it’s a very tricky injury

Hence our launch at Adams when he became available to buffer season 2024 in the mids

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    “Arthroscopic reconstruction of the rotator cuff in overhead athletes is effective for improving function of the shoulder in overhead athletes, with a return to sport in 75.4% of patients within an average of 6.4 months. A total of 62.5% of patients were able to return to sport at pre-injury level.@

A simple google of the Journal of Orthopaedics shows why the media have run with this as worst case scenario - because it ain’t great for quick / rushed returns nor full recovery for pro athletes specifically overhead athletes as above……..it’s a very tricky injury

Hence our launch at Adams when he became available to buffer season 2024 in the mids
    So it is quite possible he good be ready to go early stages of the season, I don’t think the adams deal was based on the Mills injury, although I am sure it was a bonus

Veterans List
    With the bolstering of our midfield I would suggest that Mills will play in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    With the bolstering of our midfield I would suggest that Mills will play in defence.
    I know there are a few to fit in and I hope Angus gets a good crack but Mills is our best player as a Midfielder

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

I get that until they allocate jersey numbers
    Jumper or guernsey, never jersey.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast