Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    The Midweek Tackle on Fox Footy reported last night that Kinnear is stepping down as our List Manager to make way for that up and coming young data-driven guy that some other club tried to poach from us. There was no mention made of what role, if any, Kinnear will take going forward.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
    I think he said on the True Bloods podcast a month or so ago that he will be national recruiting manager.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    It’s Chris Keane and yes he’s regarded very well inside the club.

Among his other claims to fame, he was the guy that found the loophole - since closed - that allowed us to manipulate the picks in a way to get us both Blakey and Rowbottom in 2018.

Listen to the True Bloods Podcast dated 29th May, where Beatson is very forthcoming on all aspects includingvhis future. IiRC he is currenty transitioning his role in a consultancy fashion till 2026, which beyond that he is unsure (he may retire).

The Midweek Tackle guys were a bit slow picking up this story, thinking it has been kept quiet!

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcas...t/id1362307235

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Link;
    AFL 2024:Trade news, rumours, whispers, Collingwood Magpies interest in Logan McDonald, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles favourites for Liam Baker, Fremantle Dockers, Richmond Tigers, latest news

Another trade speculation generated by this show to increase HS clicks. No real foundation to these stories. Few weeks ago it was theorising Freo offering Warner massive $1.6m pa comtract.

They also highlighted James Rowbottom has just bought house in Prahran, even though he just signed to 2028. More likely an investment property with his new $$$$ contact.
    Yes, poor old James couldn't afford to buy a house in Sydney.

i mean you can get a nice new 2 bedroom apartment in Prahan for $500k

6km to the city

Makes sense to me
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Top players could say to the club, ill sign long term but I want an Apartment near the oval, I'll pay $700 week.

Club sorts a member or associate happy to rent for cheap

Then go buy property(s) where you want to retire, like being on a holiday til yours 30s then come home rich

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Top players could say to the club, ill sign long term but I want an Apartment near the oval, I'll pay $700 week.

Club sorts a member or associate happy to rent for cheap

Then go buy property(s) where you want to retire, like being on a holiday til yours 30s then come home rich
    Yes perspective is a funny thing.

I'm 40s in WA, not one person I know has ever lived, with or without kids, in and Apartment. It's not a WA thing.

Don't sell them life after footy, sell them life during footy

Veterans List
    My son lives in an apartment in Rivervale.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I'm 40s in WA, not one person I know has ever lived, with or without kids, in and Apartment. It's not a WA thing.

Don't sell them life after footy, sell them life during footy
    My brother lives in an apartment in Applecross. My sister lived in one at Burswood.

There are haps of occupied apartments in WA, from public housing to high end?

my experience is different
    I'd say Apartment living isn't the norm

Regular in the Side
    I raised my family in a 3 bedroom apartment in East Perth (4 kids) most people view life through their life experiences I guess