Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 v West Coast

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Peel didn't get the ball past the centre for 3/4 of the game, Hamling did well to help limit East Freo to 85pts when they had 20 more I50s and 80 more disposals.

With Ladhams id risk a brain fade over a player that fades out of the game for 3 qtrs
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    In the most recent VFL game (against Richmond), not only did Ladhams give away free kicks (and got himself reported) through ill-discipline, he also contributed precisely nothing up forward and not a huge amount in the ruck.
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    He has played 2 VFL games
    Kick 4 goals in 1 of them and had 20 touches in both of them including 9 clearances in the 2nd one.

If Mclean or Amartey kicked 4 in the 2s people would be begging to get them back in
    The first match was against a team that finished last, last year and will most likely do so again and probably won’t win a game and the last game he was one of the main reasons we lost - that’s the reason he isn’t in the senior group - if he could string it all together I’d have in the seniors in a heart beat, but at the moment he’s not showing he has the temperament and they are playing him almost exclusively forward, I am assuming trying to groom him to fill one of those forward spots. (I am not trying to be argumentative just trying providing a reason/perspective)

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the replay and really noticed how the Swans moved the game to a different level in the last quarter. This is what good sides do. Flick the switch. So not that disappointing. As for all the talk around Reid, he seems to be very armsy(always pushing away ). I believe after a while players will learn to grab his left arm rather than the body.

Senior Player
    Really think Hamling is being underrated, when fit he is a very good player

On the veteran's list
    Interesting that Harley Reid was giving Errol a mouthful after Errol got a free. Errol passed to a teammate then took off and took a hand pass and kicked to a swan. Where was HR? Jogging ten metres behind him. Lesson in hard work Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Interesting that Harley Reid was giving Errol a mouthful after Errol got a free. Errol passed to a teammate then took off and took a hand pass and kicked to a swan. Where was HR? Jogging ten metres behind him. Lesson in hard work Harley.
    I noticed that too. Errol left Reid in his wake. No doubt Reid will be a terrific player, and he’s clearly monstered the other kids in junior footy, but teams will go to work on him. After his good performance on Saturday, probably a bit earlier than he or the Eagles would have liked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    The first match was against a team that finished last, last year and will most likely do so again and probably won’t win a game and the last game he was one of the main reasons we lost - that’s the reason he isn’t in the senior group - if he could string it all together I’d have in the seniors in a heart beat, but at the moment he’s not showing he has the temperament and they are playing him almost exclusively forward, I am assuming trying to groom him to fill one of those forward spots. (I am not trying to be argumentative just trying providing a reason/perspective)
    Happy with the different viewpoints

Ladhams is 26
    Mclean is 25
    Amartey is 24 turning 25

I feel like Ladhams is more capable and being held to a way higher standard and the other 2 are given a chance to settle in.

In 5 games, they have kicked 13 goals between them.

Anyone would think, the 2 playing are kids and Ladhams is an old man

Senior Player
    Ladhams unfortunately is 26 going on 18 if you look at the carry on. Temperament is his problem, not ability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Yes, self confidence is one thing (and essential to make it as an elite AFL player). Arrogance so early in his career is another. It grated me —though I know other AFL fans will applaud it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Yes, the commentators were getting pretty excited about him (Reid), weren't they? I suspect one day he is going to run into Charlie Dixon or
    Jeremy Cameron or Jesse Hogan or Bontempelli and he will just be collateral damage like most of their opponents.

Senior Player
    Re Harley Reid - he is 18, world ahead of him as a footballer, and plenty of time for him to fully develop his game, situational awareness etc.

No point comparing him to Errol's game awareness as he is 21 and has played 72 senior games vs Reid's 4.

There is a lot of expectation and hope laid onto him as a young man, to be able to produce as a number 1 draft pick. Until I see a long history of him being a pratt (or ducking and head bobbing for free kicks like Daicos), I will be wishing him every success, and hope he doesn't end up llke a Jack Watts.

Any team would love to have Reid and to develop him over the next decade (including teaching him how to balance his ego/arrogance with results and four quarter efforts).

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Re Harley Reid - he is 18, world ahead of him as a footballer, and plenty of time for him to fully develop his game, situational awareness etc.

No point comparing him to Errol's game awareness as he is 21 and has played 72 senior games vs Reid's 4.

There is a lot of expectation and hope laid onto him as a young man, to be able to produce as a number 1 draft pick. Until I see a long history of him being a pratt (or ducking and head bobbing for free kicks like Daicos), I will be wishing him every success, and hope he doesn't end up llke a Jack Watts.

Any team would love to have Reid and to develop him over the next decade (including teaching him how to balance his ego/arrogance with results and four quarter efforts).
    Agree, 4 games in with the Team on his shoulders.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, the commentators were getting pretty excited about him (Reid), weren't they? I suspect one day he is going to run into Charlie Dixon or
    Jeremy Cameron or Jesse Hogan or Bontempelli and he will just be collateral damage like most of their opponents.
    To be fair, two of his fend off "victims" were Heeney and Rowbottam, not exactly soft kills in the tackling department.

OTOH I do recall that Chad seemed untacklable in year one, but teams have worked him out a bit since then. God knows if you're a WCE fan, you'll take any little bit of positive news at this point.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast