Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread. Swans v Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I don’t know how Paps didn’t get a free straight after kicking that goal. I get he instigated the contact with a bump, but the umpire was right there as the GC guy threw him to the ground then stood there over him still holding on to his guernsey.
    That was ridiculous.

That Papley mark and goal though.. absolute class.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Much better at the end of that quarter by getting the game back on our terms. But pretty unwatchable game with umpires very involved, lots of skill errors and rolling mauls.

Hard on the right forward flank seems to be Jordan's spot for kicking goals.

Amartey has hit the ball well today.

Awesome turn around, thats a very good result against a side that will give most teams a good run

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hope Melican is ok, as he’s been excellent today.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Poor Campbell comes on as sub and 1 goal to his district opponent and then he turns it over for another lol poor buggar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Hope Melican is ok, as he’s been excellent today.
    Yes he has

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Poor Campbell comes on as sub and 1 goal to his district opponent and then he turns it over for another lol poor buggar

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he has
    Too good to be a sub, gives Blakey a chop out with kick ins too

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Second quarter aside, some seriously good stuff. Another 3 votes for Isaac, though I thought Grundy wasn’t far behind with his round the ground stuff and tackling. He really is an extra midfielder.

The midfield division was generally excellent. Loved McInerney’s game, and Adams does the ground ball work so well, which has previously been a weakness for us. And two guys down back deserve a major nod - Melican was so good, and Roberts just gets better and better.

But I also thought some great coaching by Horse today. Rather than fuss with playing too defensively on the ball and trying to slap on a few tags, he applied a structural solution of pushing numbers in (ie: the trade off of sliding Adams up to his natural domain and not fussing too much re Flanders) stopping their easy clearances and then benefitting from our spread and run and kicking. The one mild tag was Jordon on Anderson in general play, and he was very good. Using Fox down back calmed the defence and let Blakey and Ollie roam and run a bit more. And at least on the coverage, it seemed that we tried to hold a couple of forwards deep which made it harder for them to sag off and intercept.

Oh, and the Wicks selection was a winner too. Nice coaching all round.

And as someone who’s been unconvinced by Amartey, good on him for working so well into it in the second half.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Oh this is awful. The game is just unwatchable. We can't seem to kick efficiently into our 50. Giving away some silly frees and just playing like a bottom 2 side at the moment

Blakey- he is a great mark, has a great run out of defence, but almost every second kick is to the opposition.
    I've just come home from work feeling elated after seeing we have sent the upstart Suns back to the GC with a spanking.....but you wouldn't believe any of that reading some of the posts here.

I've since read a few more than just this one so not having a go at you in particular Daisi, your post was just at the top of page 4 where I started reading.....but seriously, I'll take a 53 pt win ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

Well done Swannies!!! Second on the ladder.....and I tipped us.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st April 2024 at 05:23 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Campbell streets ahead of Harry and Lloyd
    It looked to me that Harry might be close to the end. Seems that concussion didn't do him any good. It appears Lloyd is playing a different role. Hardly has a kick in.

Regular in the Side
    its kicking into the centre colu,m where it is 2 on 1 did this a coiupleof times today, turnover and goal.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast