Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 12: just other games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Four 50 metre penalties in the first 5 minutes of the Pies/Poodles game!

I wonder if Darcy will get suspended for that flying elbow to the back of the head? If Maynard went off concussed, you'd say a few weeks, but since he was just a little bit sore, Darcy might be okay.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I wonder if Darcy will get suspended for that flying elbow to the back of the head? If Maynard went off concussed, you'd say a few weeks, but since he was just a little bit sore, Darcy might be okay.
    I’m torn between thinking it’s the Dogs, so Darcy will get off; and the hit was on Maynard, so Darcy should get off.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’m torn between thinking it’s the Dogs, so Darcy will get off; and the hit was on Maynard, so Darcy should get off.
    I’m not sure how you could tell whether Maynard is concussed.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Nice work!

But it is an interesting situation that the AFL have got themselves in: where the length of a suspension is dependent on the thickness of the victim's skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I’m not sure how you could tell whether Maynard is concussed.
    The baseline test might be interesting.

I think I can guess what the Bulldogs fans think of the decision not to pay HTB against Daicos.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    First of five 50/50 games and the favourite beaten.

Pefect result for us we're still effectively three/four games clear of all the main contenders. Essendon will surely start to lose ground over the next month as the tougher opponents start to test the 104% Bombers
    Essendon's fixture is quite easy. The teams they play twice: Adelaide (10th last year), Collingwood (premiers), Gold Coast (15th), St Kilda (7th after finals), Sydney (8th), West Coast (last).

The wings and wheels will have to fall off at some stage. They could only manage a 12-point margin against Richmond, an injury-depleted team that prior to that match against Essendon has been losing by bigger margins each week: St Kilda 7, West Coast 39, Melbourne 43, Fremantle 54, Western Bulldogs 91, Brisbane Lions 119. So not that impressive.

Essendon's results against top 8 sides: Sydney lost by 30 (one game to come), Port Adelaide lost by 69, Melbourne not played yet, GWS Giants won by 20, Geelong not played yet, Collingwood draw (one game to come), Carlton not played yet.

So I don't rate Essendon. They've spent most of the season winning by meagre margins against bottom teams, and I'm expecting they will get found out in finals.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    For those who are barracking for the draw against Collingwood, the Dogs are up by 6 points and the commentators are talking about the possibility.

To my knowledge, no team has had 3 draws in a VFL/AFL season.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I did say preseason in here the footy world better get accustomed to how good Sam Darcy is gonna be. You give me a choice between him and Daicos for the next ten years, I’m taking Darcy. And it’s not even close.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

If the Pies thought they would just pull off another close win, they were given a bath in that final quarter.by the composed and at times brilliant Dogs . Great game for showcasing AFL .

Veterans List
    I feel so unclean. I was upset that the clear Daicos holding the ball wasn't paid and I was happy when the throw against the Pies (Daicos again I think) was paid. How could I sink so low as to support the Dogs against the umpires? And when it was clear that the poo-dles were going to win I was happy that the Pies can no longer be complacent that they'll nearly always win the close ones - though they avoided that by letting the poo-dles blow out the final score. I STILL do not want the pups playing finals.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast