Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 13: the other games.

Senior Player
    As above, I would think us and Collingwood, then Carlton and GWS assuming they stop goofing off. Hard to see Geelong or Fremantle
    winning three or four games against good teams in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    As above, I would think us and Collingwood, then Carlton and GWS assuming they stop goofing off. Hard to see Geelong or Fremantle
    winning three or four games against good teams in a row.
    Carlton has the 2nd easiest draw from here on and they will probably finish in the top 3 unless something goes insanely wrong.
    Collingwood may struggle with the current members in the team if the pressure on them is high, but till then they will continue their march and get their troops back.
    We have the 10th easiest draw from here on. Hopefully we will remain strong and up for a very long time.

Looks like Christian Petracca suffered four broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and a small puncture of his lung, after copping a knee in a marking contest, during the first quarter yesterday. While it was obviously brave of him to return in the second, you have to question why the Demons staff let him return, rather than sending him straight to hospital. While you probably don't have the imaging equipment at the ground to do a sure-fire diagnosis, the obvious rib damage possibly should have been enough to say, no, Christian.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    ignorant and desperate

- - - Updated - - -

i thought we were playing the crows on saturday? tv is advertising "Sydney v Fremantle" 🤷@♂️

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like Christian Petracca suffered four broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and a small puncture of his lung, after copping a knee in a marking contest, during the first quarter yesterday. While it was obviously brave of him to return in the second, you have to question why the Demons staff let him return, rather than sending him straight to hospital. While you probably don't have the imaging equipment at the ground to do a sure-fire diagnosis, the obvious rib damage possibly should have been enough to say, no, Christian.
    I thought it was stunning that an asset as precious as he is was put in that position. No doubt he's brave as they come and would have wanted to play, but protect him from himself.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    I have to to admit I didn't realise the full extent of Collingwood's injury list. Their performances have been impressive considering the players they have out.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hawks will win some games and maybe make finals, but they are zero chance of winning the flag - way too early in list development. Have a soft draw however.
    Hawthorn's recent wins: GWS by 6, Adelaide by 27, Brisbane by 25, St Kilda by 5, Western Bulldogs by 7.
    Hawthorn's recent losses: Port Adelaide by 1, Sydney by 76.

It's pretty clear where Hawthorn is at with these results: beating teams that won't make finals and losing to those that will. (I don't believe GWS will make the finals.)

Hawthorn's remaining matches: Richmond, West Coast Eagles, Geelong, Fremantle, Collingwood, Adelaide again, GWS again, Carlton, Richmond again and North Melbourne. They could easily win six of these ten games and end up with 12 wins, not quite enough to make the finals. Despite that, I wouldn't write off Hawthorn yet.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Not doubting the Hawks potential to win several more matches, and maybe even sneak into the finals. But a serious chance to win the flag - no chance in my opinion.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Not doubting the Hawks potential to win several more matches, and maybe even sneak into the finals. But a serious chance to win the flag - no chance in my opinion.
    I agree. My remarks about writing Hawthorn off was in relation to making the finals this year, not winning this year's premiership.

I expect Hawthorn to win about 10 to 12 games, but IMO 13 games plus percentage will be needed to make finals this year. Last year it was 12.5 wins. Hawthorn has been winning games, but not by large margins, and their inferior percentage will be a significant obstacle. Their five most recent wins combined had a smaller margin than their loss to Sydney in round 7.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    There has been a lot of discussion about the unfair advantage that us and Brisbane have had with already having 2 byes. Interestingly, I haven't heard GWS being mentioned. They lost against the Hawks so it doesn't fit their narrative. (For the record, I have previously mentioned that it didn't make sense that 3 teams that played in Opening Round would have their second bye before other teams had their first).

Ross Lyon also had a whinge about Northern Academies. He complained that the Saints don't have access to the entire state for their Next Generation Academy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234