Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rnd 14- Pre Match Thread - vs Adelaide, at Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15 June 2024, 7:30 PM (AEST)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Channel 7 are advertising their coverage of the game by re-visiting footage of the "goal that was given a behind" the last time we played Adelaide. They show the footy not hitting the post and then show the goal umpire signalling a behind.

Not enough that the AFL threw the umpire under the bus - now Channel 7 are doing it, too!

There will be plenty of hatred directed at our boys Saturday night. Fortunately, we have a team of very tough Cygnets!
    I saw the ad last night. It's not a surprise. I expect it be mentioned a million times on Saturday night.

Let's smash them from the first quarter and keep their feral supporters quiet.

It looked as if in the last quarter Geelong went 1 on 1 defensive structure against us rather than the zoning defence and it created some turnovers in forward half for them and it resulted in goals for them. Adelaide will probably look at that and will be close up defence and be aggressive for the forward half turnovers. Not sure they have the game to sustain it though. I reckon they will go all out attack on ball carrier and get exposed the other way. Hopefully a 5 goal win again. Horse will kill the speed in this game and get the defensive structure right to win.

Veterans List
    Who will we put on Rankine? He was in really good form before his injury.

Why not stick with Jordan.

We really struggled with Geelong’s pressure early last week. I’m sure the Crows will try to replicate that.

It is season on the line for them so a good start by the Swans would be very handy

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Adelaide has been competitive this year, despite their win-loss record. Their healthy percentage is proof of that. Their biggest losses this year are 35 points (Fremantle away) and 27 points (Hawthorn away). Biggest loss at home was Geelong by 19 points.

If we can defeat them by 5 goals we would be doing well.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    'It's never easy winning over here': Swans wary of Crows
    Article including a Papley interview.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Don’t you love it when u have so many jobs around the house you can’t even think about Footy.

Just about to cook up a serious Pad Thai.

Then it is Footy night.

I’m pumped ✔️

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Don’t you love it when u have so many jobs around the house you can’t even think about Footy.

Then it is Footy night.

I’m pumped ✔️
    I absolutely do mate ! In a similar boat

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Then it is Footy night.

I’m pumped ✔️
    I was working in the garden this afternoon in the gorgeous sunshine and then went for a long walk listening to the True Bloods podcast.

Yum I love Pad Thai.

I'm getting really nervous now!

Why no run-through banner for the Swans tonight?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12