Thread: Rnd 15 Pre Match thread, Swans V GWS.

Veterans List

Rnd 15 Pre Match thread, Swans V GWS.

Late start to this thread if only to announce that Caiden Cleary will play his first senior game this weekend, with Matt Roberts omitted.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qmRl14hkEno

Well done Caiden.....bad luck Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Late start to this thread if only to announce that Caiden Cleary will play his first senior game this weekend, with Matt Roberts omitted.

The priceless reaction to Caiden Cleary's debutant announcement - YouTube

Well done Caiden.....bad luck Matt.
    I assume that Roberts goes back to the VFL to get a full game, instead of him and Campbell rotating the sub role. Which I guess means that Cleary is likely to be sub. So, he probably won't get enough game time to generate a new wave of anti-academy rants, but I'm sure he'll do okay when given his chance.

Veterans List
    Thanks Stevo, was just about to create a thread as I was surprised we didn't have one yet.

Loved the reaction of the players to the news of his debut.

Unfortunately our umpires include Stevic, Meredith and Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Thanks Stevo, was just about to create a thread as I was surprised we didn't have one yet.

Loved the reaction of the players to the news of his debut.

Unfortunately our umpires include Stevic, Meredith and Williamson.
    But it might be okay, because we're not playing a Victorian side.

I went to get tickets for the game and the only thing available was standing room only tickets behind the goals so it looks like it could be a sell out.

I reckon they will keep revolving Robert’s and BJ a little with match ups as they both bring something a little different but equally both strong left footed kickers

Plus the need to keep their fitness up and not stuck with limited minutes too often.

And maybe Caiden gets the start this weekend……..and one of the two above will be the 23rd player?

Senior Player
    I’m guessing it’s a combo of rewarding Cleary for his form and giving Campbell/Roberts more full games

Unless he does something extraordinary, I predict Cleary will play 2 games, one as a sub and then be back in the reserves

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I suspect Campbell starts and is the 7th member of the defence, so to speak. I’ve preferred Lloyd on the wing this year where he’s been very good, and can use his smarts and ability to spot short kicks to help us through, whereas in defence I reckon he slows us a fraction because he plays conservatively.

GWS will be fascinating. I watched the game vs Port last weekend. You could see them doing everything they could to get their run, carry and overlap back. It was overdone and forced at times, but against a crappy full ground defensive side like Port, you can get away with it. Whilst it’s still not yet instinctive for them, hopefully we can pressure and cause turnover.

The other watch will be Bedford, who tagged Butters. I suspect he’ll go to Errol. Instinct tells me Chad and Heeney are too big for him and he’s an elite runner so they’ll think he can go with Errol.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

The other watch will be Bedford, who tagged Butters. I suspect he’ll go to Errol. Instinct tells me Chad and Heeney are too big for him and he’s an elite runner so they’ll think he can go with Errol.
    Will be an interesting watch. My guess is that Errol is too smart a footballer for him. Bedford might quell him early, but by the second half Errol will have found a way to have an impact.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Will be an interesting watch. My guess is that Errol is too smart a footballer for him. Bedford might quell him early, but by the second half Errol will have found a way to have an impact.
    I didn’t say he will succeed . . .
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Has been fascinating watching how our guys have been trying to loose a run with opposition player

Sometimes it has required a deep run from back pocket looping past for a give and go and gut running to the forward line

Sometimes it has been push forward and running the other way to loose a “tag”

Sometimes it has been standing outside of their man and tagging him by pushing him inside the contest

We just seem to be ahead right now in these areas of inches that count

We have enough players of impact that if the opposition focus too much on shutting us down 1 vs 1 then they loose their connection and movement