Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 16 Pre-Match Thread, vs Fremantle at SCG, 1:45 PM Saturday 29 June

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Surprised to see so many people calling for changes to a team that has been so dominant in the 1st half of the season. Anyone underestimating Wicks' contribution is not watching close enough. His intensity is off the charts. No one mentioned is bringing the heat that Wicks provides. He stays in the team every day of the week.

After re-reading the thread, i notice all the posts are from the same person!
    Last edited by Goal Sneak; 27th June 2024 at 01:15 AM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't want Campbell to be dropped. I always feel (blindly?) confident when he has the ball. Hopefully he just needs more seniors time to reach his potential.
    Campbell only had 56% game time last game. Melican and Wicks both 64%.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yay the site is back. I haven't been able to post for 3 days!

I'm trying to remember the corresponding game at the SCG last year. I think Darcy absolutely destroyed us. Their midfield got on top and kicked better to their forwards.
    I have nightmares about that game. It was one of only two games I was able to watch live last year given where I live these days, but I was down in Sydney for work. What a mess.

From memory, we had Gould and Francis playing KPD, Mills and Logan both went off injured early-ish, Bud played after being in bed with a virus all week and did zip, and yes - it was the point at which you could see Ruck Jesus' body start to look ready for retirement (god bless him). You could also see a few others like Paps were clearly playing under duress. The side lacked synchronicity and pep. Nothing good bar Errol happened that day.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Surprised to see so many people calling for changes to a team that has been so dominant in the 1st half of the season. Anyone underestimating Wicks' contribution is not watching close enough. His intensity is off the charts. No one mentioned is bringing the heat that Wicks provides. He stays in the team every day of the week.

After re-reading the thread, i notice all the posts are from the same person!
    Stats are stats, fact is he is holding a spot as a small fwd doing something no one else is, not fo a week either, 7 weeks.

I think he should be on rotation with Warner and Cleary until someone locks the spot down.

On the veteran's list
    No change

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yay the site is back. I haven't been able to post for 3 days!

I'm trying to remember the corresponding game at the SCG last year. I think Darcy absolutely destroyed us. Their midfield got on top and kicked better to their forwards.
    Darcy had a monster game last week vs the Suns.

I was about the Freo game earlier this year and they were very competitive except they kept missing their shots while we couldn’t miss (it was 10.1 61, to 1.10 16 at one stage).

Fyfe has found some form and they will be itching to make up for last time.

Us having a three game plus percentage buffer is nice, but this shapes to be a difficult game, even without Alex Pearce in their side.

I was just wondering and a bit worried that the opposition injuries to their best players is killing our ability to test ourselves against the opposition best. Nothing we can do about but I would rather a team tactics with our best players get tested against the opposition best players

Wicks is too important.
    Campbell just seems to be rushed every time he disposes the ball. Despite his agility and speed it seems he’s unable to break the lines and get that extra second to dispose the ball. As a result, most of his kicks seem to be hacked and he is unable to take the best option. Either this is because he is a problem or maybe we are playing him in the wrong position.

I hope the match committee doesn’t select Parker on emotion and he gets selected on performance. Cause if he replaces Wicks we may not have enough pressure in the forward fifty. I think he should be played in that role for at least 2 to 3 weeks before we make a decision.

I’m sure Mills will come back as a replacement for Campbell. And Fox may stay as the sub. Fox is the best sub we have.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    I was just wondering and a bit worried that the opposition injuries to their best players is killing our ability to test ourselves against the opposition best. Nothing we can do about but I would rather a team tactics with our best players get tested against the opposition best players

Wicks is too important.
    Campbell just seems to be rushed every time he disposes the ball. Despite his agility and speed it seems he’s unable to break the lines and get that extra second to dispose the ball. As a result, most of his kicks seem to be hacked and he is unable to take the best option. Either this is because he is a problem or maybe we are playing him in the wrong position.

I hope the match committee doesn’t select Parker on emotion and he gets selected on performance. Cause if he replaces Wicks we may not have enough pressure in the forward fifty. I think he should be played in that role for at least 2 to 3 weeks before we make a decision.

I’m sure Mills will come back as a replacement for Campbell. And Fox may stay as the sub. Fox is the best sub we have.
    If we play Wicks we are playing one man short.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    More than happy to give his "role" to someone else

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Stats are stats, fact is he is holding a spot as a small fwd doing something no one else is, not fo a week either, 7 weeks.

I think he should be on rotation with Warner and Cleary until someone locks the spot down.
    Stats are cold and should in no way be relied upon alone. Wicks remains in the team for good reason. We have a great balance right now, no reason at all to mess with it
    Last edited by Goal Sneak; 28th June 2024 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    A particularly unintelligent comment. I'm very happy that Horse and the match committee appreciate his value to the team.

On the wing
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post

Wicks is too important.

I hate the “sub”. Time to get rid of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast