Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Dockers.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Very good point RS. Would not have happened if Mills or Parker were out there
    I recall last year during one of our games in Melbourne when Hayward was having a shot about 40 metres out straight in front of goal, he started lining up to do the around the corner kick. This was around the time he was struggling with his goal kicking. Parker went up to him and had a word and then Hayward straightened up and kicked the goal!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Logan should have got 50m by the central ump.
    Why?

Not happy but much needed. Our plan needs tightening. The pressure by the opposition mids is high in the first half but they are spent by the half time and we run the games better. But are we going to have butter fingers in finals? - Yes is the answer as we saw in 2022.
    We need Mills to help with this. I reckon that’s what the team will opt for - 2 negating mids in the middle in the first half (Rowbottom annd Mills) and 2 attacking mids in the second half ( Warner and Heeney / others)

Grundy is great till he is not allowed the ground ball. Most of his contested possessions seem to come with the ball on the ground and he goes in his knees and gets the ball and wrestles to dispose. I wouldn’t be surprised that the opposition tag him for doing that. He is the most important swan for our plan to work.

Mills will be important when he comes back

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    At the time I didn't see Errol because I was too busy freaking out about whether Logan could at least kick a point. However, I do remember hearing the commentators saying something about Errol asking Logan for the ball, and I thought no don't play on because of the siren. Who knows what would have happened if he did. It would have been a sliding doors moment.
    Blakey also continued running past after the mark, so there was another opportunity as well. I was also in the Brewongle, so don’t know what the bench might have been yelling, but they probably figured Logan would at least kick a point. He’d almost shanked his previous shot at goal, you can see the relief on his face after the kick went through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    We are on for a bit longer on AFL’s Access All Areas this week (a rare occurrence).

Highlighting how we keep falling behind by a large margin in the first quarter.

Damo did acknowledge our two losses were each by one kick, and so we aren’t doing much wrong.
    I was trying to remember also if this was the case for the Pies in 2023 and 2022? ie lots of wins trailing on the scoreboard at halftime?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Normally the umpires tell teammates to stay out of the protective zone. Don't know if that is also the case after the siren.
    See my comment above. Not only did Errol have a word to Logan after the mark, he stayed as close as he was allowed after the umpire told him to go away. I have no doubt he was saying something encouraging to Logan, but whether Logan heard him is a moot point. He looked pretty rattled on the replay, and the umpire was really in his ear.

Also, not sure about the 50m mentioned to Logan, but Ollie Florent was knocked over well after he kicked it for that last minute snap. Usually that’s a free where the player is knocked down, the umpire offering to take another kick or accept the score.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910