Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 Pre-Match Thread, vs St Kilda at Marvel 3:20 PM Sunday 7 July 2024

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Harry out for two weeks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Rowan Marshall is an A grade ruck
    St Kilda have been playing two rucks the last two games, with Marshall spending time forward (and kicking goals too).

Veterans List
    In today's press conference, Longmire said that McLean has been sore for a few weeks so he hasn't done a lot of training. He's now back training and his performance has been more consistent.

This explains why he was down those few weeks. Should we be resting players like McLean if they have a little niggle?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Grundy looked absolutely spent. He's been huge for a few weeks but was run into the ground by Darcy and Jackson. I'd consider giving him a rest against St Kilda who don't have an A-grade ruck and bringing in Ladhams for 1 game.
    Ladhams is TBC on the injured list with concussion.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    In today's press conference, Longmire said that McLean has been sore for a few weeks so he hasn't done a lot of training. He's now back training and his performance has been more consistent.

This explains why he was down those few weeks. Should we be resting players like McLean if they have a little niggle?
    It was great to see him back in form.The biggest positive to come out of the game along with, to a lesser extent, the form of McInerney early in the game.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

I think they should rest, especially when you had a Ruck ready to come in

On the veteran's list
    Max King out for the year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I think they should rest, especially when you had a Ruck ready to come in
    I know you have been keen on Ladhams all year, but Liz has been reporting his form has not been good all year (apart from the first game of the year?).

Also, he was sitting just behind Cleary when it was announced he was getting his first game, and he looked not that impressed, while others went bananas to congratulate him. I may be reading into things, but I don't think he has the right attitude/form at the moment (and he is also coming off a concussion this week).

I wanted Ladhams to succeed and thought he had some good games in early to mid 2022, but I think he may be destined for trade/delisting once his current contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I know you have been keen on Ladhams all year, but Liz has been reporting his form has not been good all year (apart from the first game of the year?).

Also, he was sitting just behind Cleary when it was announced he was getting his first game, and he looked not that impressed, while others went bananas to congratulate him. I may be reading into things, but I don't think he has the right attitude/form at the moment (and he is also coming off a concussion this week).

I wanted Ladhams to succeed and thought he had some good games in early to mid 2022, but I think he may be destined for trade/delisting once his current contract is up.
    I think he is capable of playing AFL as was the case before he did his ankle.

He has seen Amartey and Mclean have ordinary patches and it would get hard to not get an opportunity.

Parker did a month in the 2s and was accused of frustration for getting rubbed out for 6 weeks, I don't necessarily buy into that but it's hard to be cheerful all year when your not getting an opportunity.

I'm worried that the Saints are going to drag us down to a very low level on Sunday and try and strangle us to death where the final score is something like 8 goals to 9 goals. It is a game to be wary of

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I'm worried that the Saints are going to drag us down to a very low level on Sunday and try and strangle us to death where the final score is something like 8 goals to 9 goals. It is a game to be wary of
    Fortunately, we're not playing the game at Moorabbin Oval with the centre square turned into a gluepot after enthusiatic overwatering.

Unfortunately, we're still playing St Kilda.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast