Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 Pre-Match Thread, vs St Kilda at Marvel 3:20 PM Sunday 7 July 2024

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I'm worried that the Saints are going to drag us down to a very low level on Sunday and try and strangle us to death where the final score is something like 8 goals to 9 goals. It is a game to be wary of
    I don’t think they’re capable of holding us, they don’t have the cattle

Senior Player
    Extended bench named, including Fox, McAndrew and Snell who were not in last week’s team.

McAndrew and Snell seem likely to travel and be on stand by for a warm up injury to Ruck and KPD positions.

Roberts is the logical fit to replace Cunningham, though Fox also could do the job; and be available for a swing forward if needed.

Could Cleary get a full game - perhaps with Wicks as Sub?

Cleary needs a full game, one way or another.

Can't see Wicks coming out after 2 goals

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Cleary needs a full game, one way or another.

Can't see Wicks coming out after 2 goals
    That's all he did. About a dozen kicks and a handful of tackles in the last month.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Fox and Roberts back in, replace Cunningham and Cleary (the latter an emergency).

Hopefully McAndrew as emergency doesn't signify too much concern about Grundy.

TEAM: Fox and Roberts return

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    That's all he did. About a dozen kicks and a handful of tackles in the last month.
    Your preaching to the converted mate.

I know this match committee, after 7 weeks of poor form he isnt getting dropped after kicking 2 last week.

Hopefully Amartey has a crack this week

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    This game will go one of two ways:
    * A low-scoring slog as suggested by 111431
    * A game where the Swans smash the Saints by 10 goals or more

I really don't see much middle ground here. The Saints have been mediocre at best this year, and they may either keep their defence intact, or the four forced changes and consequent lack of a settled side may be enough to tip the balance in favour of a substantial margin.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

On the wing
    It will not happen but I would like to see some bold changes from the coach. Amartey generally is a bit insipid except of course with his 9 goals. In the Fremantle game he seemed more intent on wrestling with the defender rather than concentrating on the flight of the ball. With his height and reach he should be dominating the air. Perhaps he is not a natural footballer. Would like to see Buller given a chance. He is a gun and excelled at WAFL level. From memory has only been tried in one game shortly after he was recruited mid-season. Did not seem the have the "engine" in that game but undoubtedly he has improved since then. In 2005 coach Roo's rotated players often. I remember Luke Vogels who almost single handedly won a home and away game (against western Bulldogs?) but he did not get a gig a in the GF.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolie View Post
    It will not happen but I would like to see some bold changes from the coach. Amartey generally is a bit insipid except of course with his 9 goals. In the Fremantle game he seemed more intent on wrestling with the defender rather than concentrating on the flight of the ball. With his height and reach he should be dominating the air. Perhaps he is not a natural footballer. Would like to see Buller given a chance. He is a gun and excelled at WAFL level. From memory has only been tried in one game shortly after he was recruited mid-season. Did not seem the have the "engine" in that game but undoubtedly he has improved since then. In 2005 coach Roo's rotated players often. I remember Luke Vogels who almost single handedly won a home and away game (against western Bulldogs?) but he did not get a gig a in the GF.
    Buller was put on the inactive list a few weeks ago. He has a back problem. So he’s not available for the rest of this season even if the coaches wanted to make a change.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    expecting a win by 40+

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarforever View Post
    expecting a win by 40+
    I hope you're right!

I don't know what happened me today. I lost track of time. Too busy watching Tadhg on the Front Bar and posting on here! I got ready in world record time! Now on the train on the way to the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast