Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Umpires & the Swans

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Now that's a keeper.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Yep. top shot! the pic and the hit.

And it was good to see the kid get up and off load the ball straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yep. top shot! the pic and the hit.

And it was good to see the kid get up and off load the ball straight away.
    The umpire signalled the free for that was for a push in the back. From that picture, how could it possibly have been a push in the back?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    The umpire signalled the free for that was for a push in the back. From that picture, how could it possibly have been a push in the back?
    It was a mark anyway, so it didn't matter either way.

It's amazing some of the calls the umpires get away with. That picture and the replay of Barry Hall almost having his head decapitated with the umpire calling play on doesn't give the AFL much to stand on.

yet the geish will come out and say we are wrong and the umpires are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which resulted in the moron sitting behind me tried to say Mattner would get 5-6 weeks for it,that made me explode
    Never argue with idiots, they just bring you down to their level. St Kilda fans are a special lot..i think it stems from their lack of success.

Veterans List
    The decision that really bemused me was the one that resulted in Schneiders goal. Both players were flat out at the ball, collided head-on, and the Swans player was pinged for a push.

Genuinely disagree on that. Watch the replay, Mattner hit him with his shoulder and didn't have arms outstretched in a marking attempt. The fact they hit the instant the ball arrived saved him from a report and suspension.

The Saints fans were going berserk at Vosso and how Ryan could not pay the free to Hall is beyond belief, he was only a metre or 2 away from the contest. It was either too high or holding the ball.

In the first Q we gave away about 4 professional frees to prevent their run into an open forward line. Smart play by Hall and a couple of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Genuinely disagree on that. Watch the replay, Mattner hit him with his shoulder and didn't have arms outstretched in a marking attempt. The fact they hit the instant the ball arrived saved him from a report and suspension.

Yeah agree on this one I thought it was a good decision, reminds me of of an old sketch on the Champions, they were trying to convince everyone in the crowd to call out "good Umpiring" every time the maggots got it right.

Cheers

Waz

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post

He looks like Quasimodo, I swear.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDoleCheckVida View Post
    Never argue with idiots, they just bring you down to their level. St Kilda fans are a special lot..i think it stems from their lack of success.

I just don't understand why they get so cocky at times. They have won 1 premiership & more wooden spoons than any other club, yet their fans still think their team is heaven-sent.

Deluded bastards!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12