Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finals travel-an overview

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Finals travel-an overview

Hi gang,
    Am starting to look at the cost of travelling interstate in Week One of the Finals. I'm assming they might want to put Sydney on a Saturday night. But don't quote me on that, as I have nothing to base this assumption on.

Here are the costs as per 21Aug between Sydney and Adelaide. Looking at Qantas's website, it seems that the flights are already mega expensive. $207 @ 710am on Sat03Sep is the best. Coming home on Sunday night the best bet is the one at 1910 . It may well be a mad rush from the ground to the airport if we play on a Sunday like we did in 2003. Otherwise flying home on the Monday (as many of us did in 2003) will be the only option. Footbal Park is in NW Adelaide. And the airport SW near Glenelg.

On DJ things are a fair bit cheaper. On Sep03 there is a $155 flight at 655am as well as $179 at the more amenable time of 950am. Flights are as cheap as $135 on the Sunday coming home too.

Perth on Virgin will cost at least $255 over on the Saturday morning and $235 coming home on the Sunday afternoon. On QF it would be $270 going over at 815am and a scary $330 at the cheapest coming back.

All in all, a bloody expensive 24 or so hours away following one's team.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

I doubt I will be joining you as I'm working on Sunday.
    Virgin Blue have some pretty good flights Melb/Adelaide especially if the game is Sat night. Morning flights $89 each way.
    Jetstar only fly Avalon/Adelaide return evenings and Qantas is far too expensive!
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

I'm definitely in on going to Adelaide or Perth. Yep the flights are expensive, but heck it's worth it. The frustrating thing is waiting for the results to see where I will be going, it's like a bloody mystery flight.

What will be the best way to buy match tickets? Through the club? Where will all the swans supporters be sitting?

Originally posted by Captain
    I'm definitely in on going to Adelaide or Perth. Yep the flights are expensive, but heck it's worth it. The frustrating thing is waiting for the results to see where I will be going, it's like a bloody mystery flight.

What will be the best way to buy match tickets? Through the club? Where will all the swans supporters be sitting?
    Frustratingly once again in Adelaide the Cheer Squad will be situated away from the other Swans supporters. And because of how anal the AFL is in terms of issuing tickets to members of Cheer Squads, it will be very difficult to have any other supporters sit with or even near us. Ironically because of this, it is highly likely that we would have more Swans support in WA than Adelaide because of our 300-strong Supporters Cub over there. If we play in WA, I'd like us all to maybe sit TOGETHER upstairs. At present wth the cheer squad downstairs and the rest of the members upstairs the support is kind of split.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

Re: Finals travel-an overview

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    I'm assming they might want to put Sydney on a Saturday night. But don't quote me on that, as I have nothing to base this assumption on.
    Quite a good thing as its likely we'll play on a Friday Night in Perth if we meet West Coast and a Saturday Afternoon/Night in Adelaide if we meet the Crows.

Thanks to the fact North and Geelong who look likely to finish 5th and 6th both play this Sunday, the AFL will look to give them one of the Saturday games and the Sunday game so that we don't have any clubs going into a final on a five day brake.

So we can almost rule out a Sunday final on that front for us.
    Once was, now elsewhere

SXP
    100% agree.

Pushing for Selection
    ill be going no matter where it is
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Originally posted by cheersquadsteve
    ill be going no matter where it is
    You'll seriously be going to Perth mate?

It will be good having the FONZ there mate! Just remember, "Don't touch the leather!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...er-match04.jpg

JF

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Finals travel-an overview

Originally posted by robbieando
    clubs going into a final on a five day brake.
    You'd reckon they would all be going flat out going into the finals

Originally posted by Captain
    That is one of the reasons I'm not going to the Hawthorn match. Because at 5pm on Saturday I want to be going to an internet cafe in the Cross booking flights somwhere.

Plus if I go to the $6.50 pizza place around the corner from the SARSC you can see Beaussie's drunken rendition of his Swans Premiership ticker-tape parade dance. The man is just pure entertainment!

JF

PS:- Remember, go to www.talkingfooty.com for REAL uncensored football discussion banter and Beaussie antics.

The only final I will get to is the GF, in between Calastenthics and family 21st Birthdays, I am no hope in getting interstate.

james_law90

Unhappy

depending on where the first final is being played, i might go. if we make it into the grand final, count me in.

i'm shocked that the flights are so ridiculously expensive. i'm 15 and thats all my birthday money and christmas money down the drain.

james

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast