Match Thread. Grand Final!!! Swans v Lions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Industrial Fan
    Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes!
    • Aug 2006

What an embarrassing game. There’s no way for us to have a better preparation.

yet another capitulation. Time to go John.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Comment

• mcs
      Travelling Swannie!!
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by stevoswan

Disgusting comment....go and barrack for someone else then.

Gee, I arrive home from work with the score not looking good when I left and looking worse when I got home....but read drivel like this. As disappointing as our teams performance so far.....but their is a whole half of footy left.

I'm not confident but I will never call my club 'a joke'.
      How often do we need to not turn up at a grand final before it's okay to decry yet another pathetic effort? At some point, the insanity of doing the same thing over and over should become clear.

Hope we show some pride in the shirt in the second half, because we have precious few so far that are even close to breaking even. And barring an absolute miracle, it will be another massive defeat on the one day that history remembers.

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Comment

• Daisi
        Senior Player
        • Jul 2011

Oh I think we just have to vent - the disappointment is intense - to end the year like this is heartbreaking - credit to Brisbane - very professional and playing great football .

Comment

• MattW
          Veterans List
          • May 2011

In 2022, we were down by 36 points at halftime, but had kicked 1 point fewer.

Geelong kicked 6.3 to 0.1 in the third.

Let's hope they stand up this quarter. For them and us.

Comment

• stevoswan
            Veterans List
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mcs

How often do we need to not turn up at a grand final before it's okay to decry yet another pathetic effort? At some point, the insanity of doing the same thing over and over should become clear.

Hope we show some pride in the shirt in the second half, because we have precious few so far that are even close to breaking even. And barring an absolute miracle, it will be another massive defeat on the one day that history remembers.
            So you agree out club is "a joke"? Our performance today might be a joke.....so far......but out club 'a joke'?

Comment

• Maltopia
              Senior Player
              • Apr 2016

Of course the team is hurting more than us supporters. That shouldn't need to be said, but here's the reminder anyway.

I just remember how crap it felt seeing the scoreline plastered all summer on the AFL website, and then hearing about how we were destroyed over and over, and I can't stand the thought of that experience again.

Comment

• Blue Sun
                Senior Player
                • May 2010

Disgusting comment....go and barrack for someone else then.

Gee, I arrive home from work with the score not looking good when I left and looking worse when I got home....but read drivel like this. As disappointing as our teams performance is so far.....their is a whole half of footy left.

I'm not confident but I will never call my club 'a joke'. Try and handle your disappointment in grown up way.
                Time to smell the roses and get in touch with reality, Stevo.

Comment

• mcs
                  Travelling Swannie!!
                  • Jul 2007

So you agree out club is "a joke"? Our performance today might be a joke.....so far......but out club 'a joke'?
                  Never said that. Don't put words on the page that aren't there.

But this keeps happening, and it seems it just keeps being written off as 'another bad day'. When do we wake up and realise things have to change? Or are we happy with being an almost team, lovable losers....
                  "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Comment

• Blue Sun
                    Senior Player
                    • May 2010

Yes, Stevo. The way the Swans never turn up to a Grand Final is a joke.

Comment

• Roadrunner
                      Senior Player
                      • Jan 2018

Spot on Daisi- we’re outplayed in every facet of the game. Let’s turn it around guys!

Comment

• Industrial Fan
                        Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes!
                        • Aug 2006

In grand finals we are a joke, how’s that.

sub Grundy off, he’s losing without having a proper opponent
                        He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Comment

• stevoswan
                          Veterans List
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Blue Sun

Time to smell the roses and get in touch with reality, Stevo.
                          Here was your reality yesterday.

"I back this Swans team to overcome it all. They just need to believe! C’mon Bloods!!!!"

How quick you jump off. A true fan.

Comment

• stevoswan
                            Veterans List
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mcs

Never said that. Don't put words on the page that aren't there.

But this keeps happening, and it seems it just keeps being written off as 'another bad day'. When do we wake up and realise things have to change? Or are we happy with being an almost team, lovable losers....
                            You were quoting the person who called our club a joke. It seemed you were agreeing with that quote.

Comment

• stevoswan
                              Veterans List
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Blue Sun

Yes, Stevo. The way the Swans never turn up to a Grand Final is a joke.
                              That's the team, not the club. As I said before, you're welcome to follow another team/club.

Comment

• stevoswan
                                Veterans List
                                • Sep 2014

Logan off, sub Campbell on. McDonald selection error?

Comment

Working...