AFLW Round 8: Gold Coast. Saturday 19 October, 3:05 PM. Henson Park.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liz
    Veteran
    Site Admin
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by dejavoodoo44
    Oh well. Looked good for a little while in the last. Blew too many chances in the second and third. I guess it emphasises how important Molloy was to us, as she tended to turn half chances into goals. And that winning goal out of the ruck, had me missing Morphett, as well.
    Clearly we're missing the class of Molloy, and her ability to create something out of nothing. And Gardiner's ability to be everywhere and to win the ground ball. And Morphett's ruck and marking around the ground.

But none of that explains why so many of our players have regressed so badly in terms of executing basic skills. Like kicking vaguely in the direction of a team mate. Or executing a proper, short handpass that puts a team mate into space.

Comment

• Ruck'n'Roll
      Ego alta, ergo ictus
      • Nov 2003

Yeah, the kicking errors were horrid. McEvoy, Tarrant and Ham all had some cringeworthy clangers. Maybe the rain contributed? It did nothing for me.

The silly handballs were the worst feature for me. Swans that had taken a mark or were given a free - handballed it to players that were in a worse position or barely moving and under extreme preassure. Sharing the ball is great, but a bit more selectivity was needed.

On the way home, I found myself thinking, "Two games to go, one a certain loss - where will our first pick be." and "Hurley must be favourite for the B&F"
      Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 20 October 2024, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Thunder Shaker
        Aut vincere aut mori
        • Apr 2004

The Swans' AFLW team went goal for goal with North Melbourne early before losing by 10 goals. That's a fair effort, considering the quality of the opposition. North Melbourne have been smashing everyone. Compare the Swans game against North to North's game against Essendon that's being played right now - score is North Melbourne 6.5 to Essendon 0.1 at half time.
        "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Comment

• Kafka's Ghost
          Regular in the Side
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by liz

Clearly we're missing the class of Molloy, and her ability to create something out of nothing. And Gardiner's ability to be everywhere and to win the ground ball. And Morphett's ruck and marking around the ground.

But none of that explains why so many of our players have regressed so badly in terms of executing basic skills. Like kicking vaguely in the direction of a team mate. Or executing a proper, short handpass that puts a team mate into space.
          Agree, the injuries to crucial players have really cruelled the season. I thought the poor decision-making and skill execution reflected the loss of that class around the ground, but the poor goal kicking in the second, and particularly the third, quarter was inexplicable.

Comment

Working...