Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maltopia
    Senior Player
    • Apr 2016

General footy chat Finals Week 3 (includes Cats v Lions)

Place holder to discuss the Geelong vs Brisbane game, and other general preliminary finals stuff, not related specifically to our game vs Port.

Not sure who I want to win out of Geelong and Brisbane, should we win our preliminary. If we lose ours, I would be backing Brisbane.

If we win...

While it might be good to beat Geelong to make up for 2022, they will be fresher than Brisbane, and full of confidence they can beat us, and I don't know that we can pull off another come from behind win if we have a slow start against them and they build a big lead.

Brisbane will have have the AFL fairy tale backing, after losing by a goal to Collingwood last year, and the biased coverage will be insufferable, and who knows what the umpiring will be like...
  • imuninformedtwo
    On the Rookie List
    • Aug 2024

I hope like hell Brisbane wins, as Geelong is stacked and ready to go.

They’ve put back together a terrific midfield with Danger, Holmes, Bruhn, Bowes, Stewart, Atkins and reckon I can see them playing De Koening back to let Blicavs go back in there to tag a Heeney or Gulden. That’s beyond their first rate small forwards.

Nothing about 2022, it’s what they’re doing this year that bothers me.

Comment

• Sandridge
      Outer wing, Lake Oval
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by imuninformedtwo
      I hope like hell Brisbane wins, as Geelong is stacked and ready to go.

They’ve put back together a terrific midfield with Danger, Holmes, Bruhn, Bowes, Stewart, Atkins and reckon I can see them playing De Koening back to let Blicavs go back in there to tag a Heeney or Gulden. That’s beyond their first rate small forwards.

Nothing about 2022, it’s what they’re doing this year that bothers me.
      Completely agree. Geelong were awesome in their QF win and would be very, very hard to topple if we were to make the GF. Even if they were to defeat Geelong, I reckon Brisbane are quite beatable.

Comment

• The Great One
        Pushing for Selection
        • Sep 2016

From my experiences as a player in a few sports, the hardest team to beat in a Grand Final is the one that lost the GF the previous year.

Comment

• Hotpotato
          Senior Player
          • Jun 2014

We seem to need more contributors back on this site , they are taking ages to realize its back up.
          Would an email blast to them all help.
          Wheres Ludwig ?
          We are in another PL, where is everyone !

Comment

• Sandridge
            Outer wing, Lake Oval
            • Apr 2010

Well, we're in the Grand Final!

I much prefer our chances of beating Brisbane but I can't see them getting over Geelong. Hope I'm wrong!

Comment

• mcs
              Travelling Swannie!!
              • Jul 2007

I think Brisbane have to start well and get Geelong on the back foot. Like we did in 2016 - do that and the old age pensioners will melt away.

Would prefer Brisbane, not because I think they are an easier opponent, but because it would be great to have an all interstate grand final again!
              "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Comment

Working...