X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UUaswan
    Pushing for Selection
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Captain

So which fully fit player are you dropping and which fully fit player are you making sub to have Mills play in the 22?
    Fox

Comment

• Captain
      Captain of the Side
      • Feb 2004

Well he is out and not playing, so am happy. Common sense has prevailed.

Fox 100% deserves his place. The perfect sub.

Comment

• Hotpotato
        Senior Player
        • Jun 2014

Mills ruled out .

Comment

• imuninformedtwo
          Pushing for Selection
          • Aug 2024

Suggests he trained well, but they track top speeds, distance speeds, turning bursts, jumping power and heights, you name it . . . And they’d only need to find a couple of small margins to suggest he wasn’t quite there.

Either that, or we weren’t prepared to take the risk regardless.

It still takes real balls to make the call on your captain like that, so kudos to them. And the players know they had a great performance record without him earlier in the year.

its be heartbreaking for everyone if we win, but that’s the ruthlessness of top end footy.

Comment

• UUaswan
            Pushing for Selection
            • Sep 2024

Ruled out

Comment

• Industrial Fan
              Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes!
              • Aug 2006

The right call imo. Was wondering if they’d squeeze him in as sub, but I’m relieved they’ve made that call.

our best footy has been with Mills out of the side this year.
              He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Comment

• ScottMH
                On the Rookie List
                • Sep 2024

As Liz said above, has been a low impact player since returning. Good call by the club.
                Maybe next Mad Monday he won't be so silly.

Comment

• SwanSand
                  Warming the Bench
                  • Aug 2020

Great call. The only change from the Opening Round to Grand final is Sam wicks goes out and Luke Parker takes his position. Not Bad. The players who have played consistently for the entire season get the reward except for Taylor Adams who played 19 games and Sam Wicks who played 16. But both should agree that Parker has done more in the 6 games that he was selected than either of them over a 6 game period. Campbell has to stand up in this game and absolutely nail it. He has everything to be the match winner just like Warner, Heaney and Gulden. Just has to believe

Comment

• UUaswan
                    Pushing for Selection
                    • Sep 2024

He obviously isn't 100% or didn't get there at training, no way he isnt selected if past fully fit

Comment

• stellation
                      scott names the planets
                      • Sep 2003

Genuinely disappointed for Callum, but appreciate that we seem to be making the right call.
                      I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
                      We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Comment

• dejavoodoo44
                        Veterans List
                        • Apr 2015

If we win on Saturday, it will be Stuart Maxfield to present the cup. Which I like, because he's often cited as someone who was instrumental in driving a highly professional culture at the club, during the early Paul Roos era. If Brisbane somehow manages to win, it'll be Leigh Matthews.

Comment

• KSAS
                          Senior Player
                          • Mar 2018

I would've hated to be in Horse's shoes (pardon the pun) when he informed Mills. Shattered for him. One article suggested he left Horse's office in tears.

Hope this doesn't develop into another Taylor Adams scenario, but rather this turns out to exemplify why the club had chosen him as Captain in the first place.

Ultimately i trust the club has made the right call, as they have all the data we're not privy to.

Comment

• imuninformedtwo
                            Pushing for Selection
                            • Aug 2024

Originally posted by KSAS
                            I would've hated to be in Horse's shoes (pardon the pun) when he informed Mills. Shattered for him. One article suggested he left Horse's office in tears.

Hope this doesn't develop into another Taylor Adams scenario, but rather this turns out to exemplify why the club had chosen him as Captain in the first place.

Ultimately i trust the club has made the right call, as they have all the data we're not privy to.
                            You’d expect a player as competitive as him to be in tears. It’s a normal human response.

And I’d be sure that he’d instantly turn his mind to how he can help from here.

Comment

• Dow
                              Regular in the Side
                              • Sep 2022

Would be hard to watch the boys run out, I am sure he will hold himself well.

Comment

• Swansongster
                                Senior Player
                                • Sep 2008

Anyone know a bar in Budapest where my daughter might be able to watch the game? Will be 6:30 am.She is glampacking on her own and is keen to find other Aussies/Swans fans to watch the game with.

Comment

Working...